Either do it and lose or don't and stop whinging

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    These Chastise Brag threads are all the same.

"Look at me! Look what I do! I'm so awesome! You should try to be as great as me! There is no way you could have a different experience that might hinder you because I didn't have that experience. If I didn't have the experience, it isn't possible for anyone else to have it! No excuses for not being as awesome as me!"

I wish people would stop pretending the threads are about others and just make threads titled, "Check out how awesome I am!" and talk all about their awesomeness without the references to others.

Hint: if your thread is really about other people, don't talk about yourself and your accomplishments. If you want to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, just do that.
    I'm amazed at...Take my morning...I really wanted...I'd rather have...But I didn't...I want my...battle inside me... I'd love a big...I just have...I'm waving the flag here...Mine was...
    God, we get it. You're awesome. Everyone should be more like you. Geez.

Here's the thing:

What makes the awesome people so awesome is the existence of all those "others," who act like putting down the fork is tantamount to tearing down the Berlin wall.
    I would, of course, disagree that anything good in one person depends on others being bad (or vice versa.)

But I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with it. Are you saying we need more Chastise Brag threads?
  • Missfit35
    Options
    :drinker:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

"Look at me! Look what I do! I'm so awesome! You should try to be as great as me! There is no way you could have a different experience that might hinder you because I didn't have that experience. If I didn't have the experience, it isn't possible for anyone else to have it! No excuses for not being as awesome as me!"

I wish people would stop pretending the threads are about others and just make threads titled, "Check out how awesome I am!" and talk all about their awesomeness without the references to others.

Hint: if your thread is really about other people, don't talk about yourself and your accomplishments. If you want to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, just do that.
    I'm amazed at...Take my morning...I really wanted...I'd rather have...But I didn't...I want my...battle inside me... I'd love a big...I just have...I'm waving the flag here...Mine was...

Here's the thing:

What makes the awesome people so awesome is the existence of all those "others," who act like putting down the fork is tantamount to tearing down the Berlin wall.

And yet the Berlin Wall is down and obesity is still around
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had my coffee and a good whinge.

Dang near broke a sweat.

If by whinge, you mean poop, then that's what I did so far today too!
    I'm off to work, where my accomplishment of the day will hopefully not be making any b*tchy sarcastic remarks out loud.

Looks like you ruined your goal without even getting to work.
    ouch.

Hopefully no one writes a condescending post about your attitude and then gets upset that others have contrary opinions.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Oh my. High horse much?
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    My 'do it' moment today was having a lovely Afternoon Tea with some friends. 2 teeny sarnies, 1 slice of fruit cake, 1 scone with jam and clotted cream, 1 large slice of Victoria Sponge. :) My 'do it' moment was saying hell yes, I've worked hard this week I deserve this. All logged, as close as I can when eating out - I don't carry my kitchen scales with me. The 'do it' moment is the lack of guilt because I know I haven't done any lasting damage. "Do it" moments don't need to be all or nothing. Moderation and making it fit your life is the key.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Whinging, lovely word. Just say it out loud and the meaning is immediately apparent. We used to say it to our kids many years ago. First time I've heard it used over here in the new world, and that's in 41 years. Ah me, I got quite homesick for a moment.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    bump

Well, aren't you all uppity, today?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    bump

Well, aren't you all uppity, today?

Well I was going to say In For The Clint Eastwood Grit And All but arguments were breaking out and I felt inhibited.

This one is having a hard time segueing into a full scale mean people thread. I find it kind of lacks direction.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Walked to and from the gym this morning, worked out for 75 minutes - reached my Fitbit step goal of 13K steps by 9:00 am.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello OP here - thank you to those who have said they liked my thoughts - that's all they were - thoughts and observations. For those who have said I was indirectly trying to skite ( look that one up it's another Aussie/NZ word even better than whinge) that was not in my conscious thought process at all.
    But yes, I am tired of reading post after post of excuses. I do admire every person in this post who made a decision to have a 'just do it moment' and put their fitness and health first. My intention in the post was to highlight and share those.
    This is, sadly as so many posts on here, changing direction into personal character comments - so if we are getting personal yes I am awesome. I'm 57 yrs old, had breast cancer in 2010, radical mastectomy and 4 rounds chemo., put on a stack load of weight and am now 4 years later working hard to lose weight and regain health and fitness. And I've stopped whinging as I've realises it's no easier for you to get out of your warm bed to ride the stationary bike, walk 10kms than it is me - I just have to Do It and you know what -it works.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Walked for 2 hours. It's a rest day.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Started a workout that I discovered hurt too much (I am waiting for an operation) but instead of giving up as I would have done probably even a week ago I just changed tactics and did a 40 minute Zumba workout instead...felt amazing for having done so.
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on an 11 day streak of getting over 10,000 steps on my FitBit.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, Rosnz you most certainly ARE awesome. Congratulations on your recovery and get up and go spirit. I'm a little older, ha ha, say 20 years older, but I still get up at 6 am and do a half hour walk, later I do another hour, and so far it's paid off because I don't have arthritis; am a decent weight and I am fortunate enough to enjoy good health so far. The benefits are enormous, just by doing it. It's hard but it's so much better than using a walker or ending up in a senior home, although time will catch up eventually I guess. My sincere good wishes for the future and yes, I for one did like your post.????
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I can sneak a small slice of cake tonight, maybe. Small slice. Not a gargantuan size.

I'm lucky...I burn so much running to and from work every day that I could literally eat the entire thing of my favourite grocery store cookies and cream cake in one sitting if I so choose....and that's just taking up my exercise calories. lol
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like this post.

Today is a rest day and believe me, I went all in on my rest. I may nap later and possibly clear my DVR a bit. :)
  • SimaN2014
    SimaN2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Went hiking for a couple hours with my best friend and my toddler. Carried my 12.5kg toddler in the backpack for 1 hour back up hill to the "chalet d'alpage" (Swiss mountain restaurant). Ordered an excellent meal salad, a slice of bread, steak, vegetable and apricot pie. Mmmmm, but I did not have the french fries. Nope. Didn't order them, didn't mooch off my friend.

On with the day. Promised my daughter some pink ice cream (aka strawberry sorbet) after the playground this afternoon. Instead of getting an ice-cream for myself (after the apricot pie), I ordered a tub of fresh home-made ice cream, 3 flavours, to bring home. That way, my friend who is visiting can eat to her heart's content and I can have as small a portion any day as fits in my calories and macros-ish.

It's all about being able to prioritize and manage one-self.

57934839.png
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got up early after working a 12 hour night shift to go for a run. I could easily have slept in longer and missed that run. And don't think I didn't think about it...lol