What Does Your Desk Drawer Contain - Foodwise?

Options
MrsMizart
MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
Following on from my post about how to up my calorie intake whilst at work, where someone kindly suggested chickpeas, got me thinking about what I keep in my desk drawer for those very hungry days/unexpectedly working late days.

Mine currently has:

Organic corn cakes - great on their own or with peanut butter. Only downsides are having to spread the peanut butter, and the noise they make when being munched;

Organic peanut butter;

Alpro soya dessert pot things - for just over 100 calories they are reasonably satisfying, but need a spoon (can be drunk if necessary!);

And I'm about to add some tins of chickpeas - will need opening and draining which is the only drawback, but if I have a small tupperware container in there as well then I can quickly transfer and have them to hand for the day (in case I've forgotten to take any with me that day).

So, what does your work drawer/locker contain?

Replies

• TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    At the moment it's miso soup and some fruit and nut bars. Most of the space is taking up by shoes though...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Garlic salt and a bottle of chimichurri sauce.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Umm, nothing. It's never occurred to me to keep food in my desk.
  • vikinglass
    Options
    a chewable pen ;-)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Some interesting ones :bigsmile:

Having to eat every couple of hours is probably what started me doing it, then working longer days and still having a two hour journey home is probably what keeps me doing it.

Wonder how many calories in the pen...:ohwell:
  • vikinglass
    Options
    in the past I used to keep a jar of Food Doctor soy nuts and almonds :-)

http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/soya-nuts-roasted-soya-fooddoctor.html
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    At the moment all I have is a bag of Terra Sweet & Beet chips and some soy nuts.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    K-Cups...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish packets, pistachios, almond butter, kashi bars, and tea bags.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    beef jerky, pistachios, cashews
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Container of Almonds and seasoning salt :smile:
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    * Container of steel cut oats
    * Teddie Peanut butter
    * Organic flax seed
    * Psyllium powder
    * bag of microwave popcorn
    * Can of black beans
    * Uncle Ben's 90-second rice
    * a wide variety of condiments (salt, pepper, catsup, etc) from fast food places
    * Box of Dark Magic K-cups
    * a single Swiss Miss K-cup

In the cube fridge for our department:
    * Mustard
    * Sriracha
    * three bags of Purdue short cuts (in the freezer block)

Under the desk I have the remains of a tub of Dymatize Elite XT Fudge Brownie whey
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Some granola bar, indvidual package of peaches packed in water, toasted unsalted almond, grisol vegetable crackers, peanut butter. At the beginning of every week, i also bring and leave in the fridge one or two apples and a yogurt.
  • Mpalamar
    Mpalamar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I keep nothing in my desk, but in the fridge at work I keep a banana, a bowl of cherries, a bowl of home made fruit salad and a package of baby carrots with avacado/pepper dip. Yum!! :) I ususally eat these within a day or two so I am always replenishing with the same easy things (plus I love them! Makes me feel like I'm pigging out on junk food when really I'm not! LOL)
  • slimhabit
    Options
    Nearly Nirvana tea and a can of spicy parsnip soup for those days I forget to pack a lunch!
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    peanut/peanut butter granola bars
    balisto bars (it always cracks me up that otherwise rational German adults try to convince me that this is NOT candy bar...it is a healthy fiber supplement. right, guys...)
    nuts in 20g containers
    (in the fridge at work: Baby Bel cheese)

I usually try not to eat much of it, so it'll last a while...but it's there and I don't end up eating 200 g of Haribo or Hanuta from the kiosk downstairs. Baby step achieved.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good with remembering to pack lunch and snacks but for emergencies my desk drawer is stocked with mixed graze box snacks, nakd raisin pouches, protein bars & a couple of john west salmon & tuna ready meal lunches.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't actually have desk drawer… but I keep a protein bar and a 32 oz water bottle with me at all times while I'm at work. I also keep some apple slices and some string cheese in the little refrigerator. And on the days where I'm hitting the gym before I go home, a container of yogurt gets added to the refrigerator as well.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, nuts, soup and popcorn.
  • MrsPrior
    MrsPrior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Several types of tea bags (mix of green, herbal and fruit teas)
    Packets of instant soup
    Box of cereal bars
    Some dried fruit/nuts/seeds
    Low calorie hot chocolate powder for when I need a chocolate fix