what is your favorite eggplant recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ritataylor
    Ritataylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eggplant cooked with extra virgin olive oil and basil.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Cut into cubes, stir-fry with onions, peppers, mushrooms, any other veggies you like to stirfry with, add plenty of seasoning and cook until soft-ish and then add some diced tomatoes and a little paste and viola, delicioso over salad, by itself, pasta, rice, whatever!
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I like to cube it with other veggies (tomatoes, zucchini, etc), season, roast in oven and add to pasta.
  • Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to just slice it up really thin and bake it with a little olive oil. Then I just eat it with some Greek Yogurt. It's super good! Just don't forget to salt rinse it first so it's not as bitter.
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Eggplant Roll ups!! Its basically low carb lasagna, so good!
    Slice and bake each side for 10 minutes at 415. While in oven, sautee ground turkey, onions,garlic, spinach with spices then mix with light ricotta cheese when cooled. When eggplant noodles are done let cool down then place a spoon full of mixture and roll up. Add tomato sauce to the tops of each and bake for 20 minutes at 400.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Eggplant meatballs. Vegan yet adored by omnivores. If you don't have nutritional yeast you can probably substitute grated parmesan. The flax is necessary though.

1 large eggplant, peeled and finely diced (1/2 inch or smaller)
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 1/4 cup water, whisked together and allowed to sit for 10 minutes or more
    1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
    1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
    1 cup bread crumbs
    marinara sauce, for serving
    This Sound Really Good Ty
    :flowerforyou:

Salt-dry the eggplant. Preheat oven to 375. Saute onion in oil for a minute, then add the garlic for a minute, then add the eggplant and cook until smashable. Mix the flax and water and let sit, then add it to everything else and smash it. Make balls and bake, turning frequently, for about 40 minutes.
  • Pixydin
    Pixydin Posts: 14
    Options
    Easy Eggplant Pizza - Here's my recipe. One large eggplant sliced lengthwise in 1/2" slices. Salt both sides and let drain for about one hour. Blot dry, put on sprayed foil on cookie sheet and bake in slow oven (225 degrees) for an hour or more. Can keep and save in fridge or use right away. Spread lightly with tomato paste and top with basil, oregano, chopped garlic, sliced mushrooms, sliced pepperoni and chopped onion. Lastly top with some fresh bits of mozzarella. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes more or less. Add or subtract toppings to your liking.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    roll in egg/parmeson bread crumbs and fry

This but to save calories I bake them.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSfgIa_hG0

Gordon Ramsey's version of Baba Ganoush

Also eggplant is my favorite fried food, use panko and make sure the oil is 360. So reasonable in calories that it is actually easy to work in my lifestyle.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Imam Bayidi although it would probably be worth cutting back on the olive oil :-)
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Aargh so many of the best aubergine recipes are so full of oil... :(

I love melanzane parmigiana - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3091674/melanzane-parmigiana

Berenjenas fritas con miel is a great Spanish tapas dish - slice aubergines into chips/fries, soak in beer for a few minutes, then dip in seasoned flour and deep fry, drizzle with honey. Amazing but not exactly a healthy option...

Ratatouille is always good and a healthy option.

I sometimes add them to vegetable or chicken curries - works well in thai red or green curry.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options

ALSO::

Cut in half longways
    Scrape out a strip of the "meat"
    Fill the carved strip with canned mushrooms, stewed tomatoes, grilled chicken, canned chickpeas, corn or whatever else you have lying around
    Bake until it's all soft and kind of squishy ---(i know im so technical lol)
    Sprinkle mozzarella on at the end and broil for about 2 minutes

This is great for parties because you can slice it up and serve it with mini toasts or pull apart sourdough.

This is amazing! I make my eggplant very similar and it comes out delicious every time!