Myfitnesspal Costs Too Much Money!!!

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    This place made (yeah I said made, just like McD's made me fat) buy a HRM. Now I need new shoes. Possibly new clothes. I think smoking crack might be cheaper.

Smoking crack is definitely NOT cheaper. lol Meth is.......
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Worse...I can now start fitting into Under Armor stuff. flex.gif
  • binary_jester
    Options
    This place made (yeah I said made, just like McD's made me fat) buy a HRM. Now I need new shoes. Possibly new clothes. I think smoking crack might be cheaper.

Plus the whole family can help you make it. Teaching kids chemistry is important.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Worse...I can now start fitting into Under Armor stuff. flex.gif

Heh, I know what you mean I was looking at Under Armour and fitted shirts and things last week. It's nice though.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Plus the whole family can help you make it. Teaching kids chemistry is important.

Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?
    Smiley_Crazy.jpg
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    HA! At first I was like huh? But yes... I've spent more money on work out clothes and shoes in the last 3 months than I have on clothes / shoes for me in probably 2 years!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Alot of people say that MFP is free, but I have had to buy a few different articles of clothing(smaller ones) and I keep doing this. Did you know that running shoes wear out when you actually RUN in them? I've had to buy new shoes and spent money on a race. Am I right, people? :wink: MFP costs alot. LOL

That's exactly why I haven't bought any running shoes yet. Having to replace them every so many miles is ridiculous!!!!

As for clothing I need to get some new clothes but I wear a lot of jogging pants and things like that so they don't really get too big, drawstrings are wonderful things.

I'd rather treat myself to a new pair of running shoes every 6 months or so than have a long term injury from bad running shoes. Imagine if you put $0.50 a day in a jar to save for six months? That's $90, enough for good running shoes. :)

Agreed... Or I could just not run. I do need to get some running shoes though as sprinting in cross-trainers isn't the greatest of ideas I don't think.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    HAHA. This thread is hilarious. I have spent more money on new clothes and workout gear and attire since I started MFP than I think I have in my entire life. Not to mention I actually use my gym membership now....I almost forgot I was paying for that thing. And yes, kids these days need to be more educated in the sciences. ;-)
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options

A HRM and a food scale! I haven't got to the clothes yet my sweets are falling off me when I am working out so It needs to happen soon!
  • binary_jester
    Options

A HRM and a food scale! I haven't got to the clothes yet my sweets are falling off me when I am working out so It needs to happen soon!
    ...and you got the food scale I wanted. cheeky4.gif
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    LOL! It's just horrible isn't it ;)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    That`s awesome!
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is too funny!!!!! :laugh:
  • GFPeggy11
    Options
    BAHAHA!

I can't wait until I can get new clothes, shoes etc!:bigsmile:
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Yeah they lure you in with the "It's free" pitch and then you end up stimulating the economy. Sounds like a "win win" to me.
  • clairebeej
    Options
    I knew it was too good to be true! Free! Pah!:bigsmile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Love this post. Yeah they lure you in with the "It's free" pitch and then you end up stimulating the economy. Sounds like a "win win" to me.

THAT is a very good point!!! And most of the racers, put money into charity donations. :happy: THAT is a win, if you ask me. :smile:
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Yeah, but it will actually save money in the long run!! buying new clothes and workout stuff will make us healthier therefore no thousands of dollars spent on surgery and medicine later... and I doubt the insurance will cover that 50 years (or however many) down the road!! hahaha. Think of it as an investment.... that will have better returns than ANYTHING else!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree, I had to buy new running shoes since I decided to use them. So thank God I work for Nordstrom and was able to purchase Nike Free Runs (3 pairs so I can switch them out). Then I realized I needed workout clothes at work because the ones I wear in the morning are too nasty to use in the afternoon. So that's like having a double workout wardrobe.

Damn you MFP, you are costing me too much