Myfitnesspal Costs Too Much Money!!!

Options

Replies

• arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I love the new healthier, smaller me, but damn buying new clothes is expensive!!

Love MFP though - what a life saver :smile:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Not only have I had to buy new clothes, but I have to do laundry more often because of all the dirty workout clothes that constantly need to be washed! That increases the water and power bill and its another horrible chore I have to do! Oh the price of MFP!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm having to buy ANOTHER HRM! I bought one last year and now I have to buy another cause Polar sucks and their batteries only last about a year before they need to be sent in... 6 weeks without my HRM? I think ****ING NOT!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Not only have I had to buy new clothes, but I have to do laundry more often because of all the dirty workout clothes that constantly need to be washed! That increases the water and power bill and its another horrible chore I have to do! Oh the price of MFP!

haha no doubt, my sports bras and joggers need washing CONSTANTLY...not to mention the money I've spent on HRM and Work out DVD's...I haven't bought new clothes yet, but when my dress pants almost fell off yesterday, I realized that the minute christmas is over, I need to hit up a shop to get some new clothes...It's also hurt my Christmas Shopping. I use to just try on the clothes I was buying for my mom or my sisters...but now I'm smaller...so I have to guess! Who does that! So now I just buy something that I want, and if it doesn't fit, I'll just give them money :laugh: and I'll keep it for myself
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    My newer jeans cost less than my older jeans because my old size was priced higher (I used to call this "fat people discrimination").
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    This is just too funny Becky, not what I thought when I saw the topic.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Worse...I can now start fitting into Under Armor stuff. flex.gif

OUCH, Dude...now that's* expensive stuff! Lucky(?) for me, I'm a ways off from such form-fitting clothes. :bigsmile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I think I got a good deal. The money I have saved from fancy coffee drinks and fast food I put towards a Wii and Fit Plus and accessories. I won't have to buy clothes until maybe Valentines day, I can closet shop until then. I haven't gone as far as getting a HRM (yet), but I will one day. For now and for the next 50 pounds I am good with walking, resistance bands and the Wii. Might have to get another "game" or two. Once I hit an "overweight" BMI I will think about joining a gym. By the time all that comes, I will have saved enough from not buying junk food, restaurants, and health care costs to afford the HRM, gym, and new clothes. Fair trade!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Maybe from one of my favorite TV shows, Breaking Bad? Seriously awesome show. There's a reason Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul won awards for best actor & best supporting actor!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Maybe from one of my favorite TV shows, Breaking Bad? Seriously awesome show. There's a reason Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul won awards for best actor & best supporting actor!
    I'll have to check that out. I doubt anything could top The Wire though
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I'll have to check that out. I doubt anything could top The Wire though

Absolutely! If you have NetFlix, I think they have Seasons 1 & 2. One the best-written and acted shows to grace TV. It's pretty gritty and not for the faint of heart....I'm sure you'll be fine....I'm just saying that in case someone else unsuspecting decides to check it out. :bigsmile:
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully true. I'm still shopping in my closet (today's pants did not fit a year ago-what a feeling). But I have a plan; the too big clothes go to a consignment shop so I will be able to buy new smaller clothes when the time comes. The stuff that the consignment shop won't take will be donated (tax deduction). MFP will still cost me money, but it's worth it.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm still "shopping" in my closet from when i got down to near 200 before but seriously am going to have to busy some new stuff soon cause the 14s i am wearing today i can take down without unbuttoning or unzipping LOL...
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The best money you can spend, if you ask me!;-) Fitness is one thing I don't mind splurging on.... kind of like medical insurance, except you use the benefits every day!

Shannon
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

No, lol it was from Super Troopers.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    This place made (yeah I said made, just like McD's made me fat) buy a HRM. Now I need new shoes. Possibly new clothes. I think smoking crack might be cheaper.

Smoking crack is definitely NOT cheaper. lol Meth is.......
    Plus the whole family can help you make it. Teaching kids chemistry is important.

OMG...LOL! And I was homeschooled...So ya know...my parents SHOULD have been showing me things like this. SIGH. Parents can't do it all I guess.

I LOL'd when I saw the title...Mike should REALLY have had this in the fine print:

***WARNING: This website may help you loose weight. It may motivate you to workout and peek your interest in new exercises. Known side effects are: weight loss, sweating, panting, clothes falling off, the needs for better shoes, the desire for better equipment to help you along your journey for example a HRM, food scale, new gym clothes, etc. The only cure is spending money and looking amazing. Consider yourself warned.***
  • claribeln02
    Options
    LOL yes very true. But I must say i love the shopping and the way all those beautiful new clothes look on my new body.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OMG!! So true.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    ***WARNING: This website may help you lose weight. It may motivate you to workout and pique your interest in new exercises. Known side effects are: weight loss, sweating, panting, clothes falling off, the need for better shoes, the desire for better equipment to help you along your journey for example a HRM, food scale, new gym clothes, etc. The only cure is spending money and looking amazing. Consider yourself warned.***

*LIKE*

Totally!!