30 Day Shred Success... Starting Again/Starting Over!

Options
So I started a 30 Day Shred Challenge on a message board over the summer. In 5 weeks, with the 30 day shred, making better decisions about what I was eating and walking for 30 minutes a few days a week, I lost a total of 27 pounds... in 5 weeks, and it was just in time for my summer vacation. I was stoked. After vacation I couldn't get back into working out like I had been with the 30 days Shred and the walking. Since September I have been able to maintain my weight loss which is amazing to me... I was soooo nervous that I would put it all back on and quick with how fast it came off.

Anyways, now I am back again for another round of the Shred and hope to see similar results! Just finished day two of level one!

Check out my profile to see my before and after pics from the first time I did the Shred... I can't seem to figure out how to post them in a message board post.

ETA: This is the link to the full story. Kisha was the owner of the 30 day shred group where I did the challenge this summer.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1618194/Calling_All_30_Day_Shred_Users_and_Anyone_Interested_In_The_Shred_You_MUST_Read_This

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred today. Can't wait to see the results. Hopefully I will keep it up. :smile: Good luck to you!

I just looked at your before and after Pics. WTG!!! You look awesome!!!
  • scaveola
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome. I just bought the DVD myself, but haven't had a chance to watch it.

Good Luck!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wasn't able to lose so much so quickly but I can definitely see a difference in my endurance and inches. I am almost done with level 3 and I think I will start again too but this time try the harder versions. Keep it up! The difference is great =)
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I already feel more energetic and I am only on day two! I just need to find something else to add into the mix that doesnt involve the outdoors... i miss my walking for 30 minutes throughout the week but it is just too dang cold to do it in the mornings and too dark by the time I am done with my daycare kiddies. Suggestions?
  • thom10034
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Feeling better is the most important part and you have great pictures too!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Good job. I started the 30DS as well 2 nights ago. Tonight will be day 3 of it, and I definitely definitely feel it lol
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    Wow! Your pictures look great, what a difference in just 5 weeks!! I may have to try this one... :happy:
  • mriricat23
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome. I just bought the DVD myself, but haven't had a chance to watch it.

Good Luck!!

Bust it out! It is fun.... after awhile, LOL! I just try to remind myself that it is 25 minutes MAX! You can do it! :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I started doing it this week. I have trouble exercising everyday tho. Probalby that it will take me longer to see a difference but slow and steady win the reace.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I got the dvd and 3lb hand weights as an early Christmas gift from my sister on Sunday and have done it everyday but one and LOVE it. It's weird, because I had some doubts about other threads where I read about it but i do feel a difference already :bigsmile:
  • meghaneileen816
    meghaneileen816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Where did you find the 30 day shred??
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I got my copy of the shred at Walmart.
  • mriricat23
    Options
    I started doing it this week. I have trouble exercising everyday tho. Probalby that it will take me longer to see a difference but slow and steady win the reace.

That was my problem for years, not being able to find the time, especially after becoming a mom. This is quick and easy to pop in the DVD player while the kids are napping. 25 minutes, 25 minutes, i just keep telling myself I can find 25 minutes to get it done! It worked the last time, hope to keep it up again this time! Ive got a local shredding buddy who I hope will help to keep me on track too!

Good luck with it! Take measurements! You may see results in your measurements before you do with the scale!
  • mriricat23
    Options

Walmart, Target, Amazon... by Jillian Michaels.
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I actually have the 30 day shred and have used it from time to time throughout the week using it only 1 or 2 days a week with other workouts like Zumba and the treadmill ect. but haven't strictly used it for 30 days. I might have to try using it more and see if I can get good results. I bought my 30 day shred through Amazon.com. I'm happy to hear and think that it's awesome that you've gotten such great results! 27lbs. in 5 weeks is really awesome! You did it the first time, you can definately do it again! :)
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow, u produced great results!!! Keep it up!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I am on level two, day three and LOVE it.
    Am already checking in daily on the thread
    TOPIC: 30 day shred starting today. Any takers?
    My weight stopped going down, but my pants are looser!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I gained a little weight after starting it, but I gather that's from my muscles retaining water in order to repair? Wonder how long that lasts.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    So I started a 30 Day Shred Challenge on a message board over the summer. In 5 weeks, with the 30 day shred, making better decisions about what I was eating and walking for 30 minutes a few days a week, I lost a total of 27 pounds... in 5 weeks, and it was just in time for my summer vacation. I was stoked. After vacation I couldn't get back into working out like I had been with the 30 days Shred and the walking. Since September I have been able to maintain my weight loss which is amazing to me... I was soooo nervous that I would put it all back on and quick with how fast it came off.

Anyways, now I am back again for another round of the Shred and hope to see similar results! Just finished day two of level one!

Check out my profile to see my before and after pics from the first time I did the Shred... I can't seem to figure out how to post them in a message board post.

ETA: This is the link to the full story. Kisha was the owner of the 30 day shred group where I did the challenge this summer.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1618194/Calling_All_30_Day_Shred_Users_and_Anyone_Interested_In_The_Shred_You_MUST_Read_This

That is awesome congrats! A BIG BIG BIG fan of 30 day shred!! Can I ask you how many times a week did you do the video and did you follow 10 days level 1 10 days level 2 and 10 days level 3 or did you mix it up?
  • meghaneileen816
    meghaneileen816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Walmart, Target, Amazon... by Jillian Michaels.

Thank you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!