A Fit-Bit is totally unnecessary...

Options
1235»

Replies

• breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love mine but I don't use it all the time. I'll wear it for a week of normal activity and then I'll average my TDEE out for the week so that I am consistent with calories-- rather than having my calorie intake be something different everyday. I always felt like when I did my TDEE online, I was really guessing at my activity level-- so I was constantly stressing out and changing my calorie intake. Based on my weekly weight loss, it seems to be pretty accurate.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: glad you discovered this without buying one. Good for you.
    And a great post to remind us: everyone's different.

I ADORE mine. I find it very motivating, and fun.
  • smlaker71
    Options
    It is Not for everyone. But I love my Fitbit Flex. I tried it because I had points to use thru verizon and got it for free. Works great for my motivation. I have a desk job, just helps me keep track of when I need more activity. I have used it against gps and others, seems to work great even when not moving your arms.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have the zip, so I can't track sleep. I wanted mine for the accurate step count, as I was tired of buying pedometers that wouldn't work correctly.
    It's good that I can track the steps taken, but I'm noticing that now I'm becoming obsessed with looking at the calories burned vs how many more I can still eat. Usually it puts me around 1700 calories a day and I usually end up eating that many---even though I KNOW I should be eating no more than 1400 to lose weight (even with exercise). So it may end up hurting me more than helping. It's a total mind thing----which I suck at. :)
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting 10k consistently for several months and recently was invited to join fi.it. The challenges on there use your FitBit steps and you are rewarded with points that you can spend on things from their catalogue. They even do international shipping. I used to use neufit but they shut down.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one from eBay. I love technology. I have insomnia and restless leg syndrome. I'm interested to see how that shows up in FitBit.

I have the same issues at night. You may like the sleep tracking component as well. I like monitoring good nights/bad nights as far as sleep & restlessness.

As someone with PTSD who doesn't sleep well, it's been a godsend- I'm able to see what impacts my sleep as far as behaviors during the day.
  • Eselte
    Eselte Posts: 49
    Options
    I love my fitbit - i don't feel defeated when i don't achieve the 10,000 steps - i do feel motivated to achieve that success daily. I guess if we followed the logic your applying or no one would measure our food or use MFP because of feeling "defeated" when we don't stay under our calorie goal. Just saying......

you're*

and good for you. different strokes for different folks. end of story
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    No tool is perfect for everyone. I love my Fitbit, and find its a great tool (for me) to hold myself accountable. But I take each day one at a time, and require 'goals' of myself based on what else is going on in life.