What A Difference A Food Scale Makes

Options
I have to admit I was very skeptical of the actual benefit of a food scale and weighing food vs just measuring using measuring cups and spoons. I'm a firm believer that fitness and weight loss does not necessarily require fancy gadgets or equipment. And that it doesn't have to cost a fortune because I don't have a fortune to spend.

After reading all of the posts on MFP about food scales, I found one that was in my price range and have been using it for the last couple weeks. And holy cow what a difference. There were some foods I was way overestimating even though I used a measuring cup and some foods that I can actually eat more of by weighing on the scale.

I have learned so much in the last few weeks on the forums. It never ceases to amaze me how something that seemed so irrelevant to me has made such a huge difference. I was on a mini plateau which is why I finally gave in and got the food scale. After getting the scale and being more accurate I've lost 5 lbs.

I just can't thank this forum and all of you guys enough for your patience and help in educating me on weight loss.

Replies