30lbs by St Patricks Day! NEW Motivation Group 12/2010

Options

Replies

• ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks!

Well I am Sheila, and I am 27. My starting weight is 183.6 so my goal for the 17th is 153.6. Which is only 10 lbs from my goal!!! My biggest problem is laziness. I do really well for a week or two and then I lapse.... and the lapses usually last longer than the good times!

Good luck this week everyone!

Sheila... I definitely get this.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, what is our challange this week?
    I'm a big fan of doing some sort of excersize during comercials. I do squats or crunches thru one comercial each comercial break. (when I actually have time to watch TV that is!)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Challenge Mon 12/20-Mon 12/27

Track everything daily, no guilt, no omissions.

Post a copy of one of your meals for the day that you'd like feedback on.

Try to offer helpful hints or kudos on other people's meals - if you think there's a healthy addition they could have added, or if you have a question about what's in something, etc.

This challenge can help us all to think of more rounded meals, and can also help us think of ideas for meals for ourselves!

Let me know if you have any questions on this one :)

And remember - the more you participate in the challenges, the better your outcomes will be!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    So, what is our challange this week?
    I'm a big fan of doing some sort of excersize during comercials. I do squats or crunches thru one comercial each comercial break. (when I actually have time to watch TV that is!)

I will definitely make next week an exercise challenge!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Oh my goodness I'm going to need to exercise my toosh off today just to break even. Major, major mess up. Made chocolate-pb oatmeal no-bake cookies......had way more than I should of. Entered the recipe, and about went into shock. I don't know what I was thinking!!!

Somebody smack some sense into me here. They're apparently about 200cals a cookie!!!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options

Somebody smack some sense into me here. They're apparently about 200cals a cookie!!!!!

And that was making them with skim milk and splenda!
  • velvetechos
    Options

And that was making them with skim milk and splenda!

Alrighty, I TOSSED the remaining cookies - my husband doesn't like PB anyway, I was going to give them as a gift but something that unhealthy shouldn't be given as a gift, haha. I've entered my remaining food for the day and have a workout to do as soon as hubby gets home that will take care of this.

1,000 calories on cookies!!!!!!!!!!! Holy #$%# I haven't done that since starting MFP in April!!!!! Stay AWAY from the no bake :P

Anyway, for today's menu challenge.......I'm going to go with breakfast. I eat the same breakfast every day, except for now and then on the weekends when my husband is home (sometimes I do pancakes or something and have some with him, sometimes I make him something yummy and stick to my regular). I enjoy my breakfast, it's filling, it tastes good, and it's quick (I'm feeding a one year old at the same time, which doesn't leave me much time to toss something together while she get's impatient). I'd like some backup ideas though, and a bit of a critique if you see me lacking something.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch - honey, almond, flax 1cup=200cals
    Pacific Almond Milk - 1/2cup=30cals
    Banana - 90cals
    Breakfast = 320cals.

Any other high protein ideas that are fast, filling, and healthy?
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

Im Cass. Im 27 married and have 2 kids... Im currently at my biggest not pregnant... Told by the Dr. that I need to lose weight.
    My ultimate goal will be 130-140 I just want to be healthy for my kiddos and husband:)

SW & CW 188
    1/17/10 178
    2/17/10 168
    3/17/10 158
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

Im Cass. Im 27 married and have 2 kids... Im currently at my biggest not pregnant... Told by the Dr. that I need to lose weight.
    My ultimate goal will be 130-140 I just want to be healthy for my kiddos and husband:)

SW & CW 188
    1/17/10 178
    2/17/10 168
    3/17/10 158

Not too late to join - welcome :)

We do weigh ins each Friday, and weekly challenges that run Monday-Monday. I'm also trying to breathe a little life into conversation around here, and I've noticed that these motivation groups work a lot better as they become more tight knit (we've only been going for about a week though, so it should pick up).
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great Value - Canned Corn, 0.33 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 69 cal
    Uncle Ben's - Instant Brown Rice, 0.75 cup cooked 143 cal
    Campbell's - Broccoli Cheese Soup, 1/2 cup 100 cal

This is not my best menu planning. But our house has a cold and I needed something quick.

Velvet I eat the same breakfast or rotate though a couple every couple weeks. I am the only person in my house eating my breakfast so normal what I eat lasts until I have to buy something different.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Velvet - What about eggs? I realized that I wasn't getting enough protein, so I started making boiled eggs in the mornings. I pop them on the stove when i get out of the shower, and then pack em up on my way out of the door!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Greek Yogurt is awesome for breakfast, or any time!!!! One serving has 13-17g of protein and generally less than 150 calories. I LOVE the honey...
  • velvetechos
    Options

Greek Yogurt is awesome for breakfast, or any time!!!! One serving has 13-17g of protein and generally less than 150 calories. I LOVE the honey...

Oh yum, the brand Greek Gods honey yogurt is SO good - it tastes like it should be a dessert or something! That was my "go-to" breakfast in the summer, when berries were in season :) 4oz of yogurt with a cup of blueberries on top!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Velvet - What about eggs? I realized that I wasn't getting enough protein, so I started making boiled eggs in the mornings. I pop them on the stove when i get out of the shower, and then pack em up on my way out of the door!

Oh good idea! I haven't done eggs in a while :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Great Value - Canned Corn, 0.33 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 69 cal
    Uncle Ben's - Instant Brown Rice, 0.75 cup cooked 143 cal
    Campbell's - Broccoli Cheese Soup, 1/2 cup 100 cal

This is not my best menu planning. But our house has a cold and I needed something quick.

Velvet I eat the same breakfast or rotate though a couple every couple weeks. I am the only person in my house eating my breakfast so normal what I eat lasts until I have to buy something different.

I see veggies, dairy, and whole grains! Doesn't look bad :) I'd be a little wary on the sodium that could be hiding in the soup + canned veggies (although no soups and canned stuff is loaded with it, but a lot is) and I'd be looking for some protein, but otherwise that looks like a great meal!
  • aholtz1
    Options
    That was a great idea about the Eggs, I love boiled eggs, and they are quick adn easy :) Thanks...For breakfast I normally have instant oatmeal (flavored) and possible a fruit....This will change it up a bit and hopefully keep my body guessing.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I posted everything yesterday. I've been getting kinda lax on days that I know I've gone over! Great challange, maybe this will help me get back on track, I haven't lost much in the last week and a halfish.
    Thank you :)
    BTW everytime I see velvetechos, my brain turns it into velvet cheetos. hahhaha I think I may have a problem.
    ~Margie
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Here's what I'm making for lunch today!

the Laughing Cow - Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Spreadable Cheese Wedge, 1 wedge
    Lettuce - Iceberg, 1/2 cup
    Boars Head - Low Sodium Chicken Breast, 2 oz
    Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 2 ring (3" dia, 1/4" thick)
    Healthy Life - Light Plain Bagel, 1 Bagel
    Fresh - Red Anjou Pear, 1 medium (166 grams)
    Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt - Spiced Pear, 6 oz
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    i had some oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast and I was naughty and had some starbucks coffee
    Lunch smart ones....
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I left for work real early this morning, and this is was my last minute grab for lunch: A Jimmy Dean D'lights Sausage Egg & Cheese breakfast Sandwich, A Green Giant Just For One Broccoli and Cheese tray, and two Fuji Apples. Calorie-wise not the worst (under 450 calories), but the sodium was thru the roof - need to drink more water...