13»

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    WOW I LOVEE THIS POST! BuMp :-):laugh:
  • ranree
    Options
    These are so great tips. Bottom line, do what you need to do. I'm on my second day, don't have a strategy yet but working on it.
  • andyarena70
    Options
    Gum is my tactic for keeping my mouth busy during the day.
  • pijan
    pijan Posts: 5
    Options
    1. Ensure calorie deficit of 500 veryday
    2. Low sugar diet
    3. High Intensity strength training
    4. Interval Training every other day
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Being accountable to a group. Having people that really care and understand to share victories and defeats with.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Eating my meals with chopsticks.

This is the most brilliant idea ever!! I bet it forces you to slow down you eating and let's your brain have a chance to send the "I'M FULL!!!" signals.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Gum, planning my diet a day in advance, and slowly lowering my caloric deficient over weeks at a time so I don't plateau.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Low carb meals and snacks, cutting out sugar, and drinking lots of water.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Water, Vit C 500-1000mg/ twice daily, easy quick workouts with a good cal burn (walking DVDs and Kettlebells), eat foods I like and try to budget for what I eat:wink:
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My secrets revolve around staying motivated.

My major motivational trick is to remember what it felt like to be at my goal weight or atleast my lowest weight. That feeling alone gets me back on track and ready to work out.

If I'm feeling really unmotivated I watch a weight loss show, like "Biggest Loser" to give me some inspiration. Or read success stories on here! Inspirational!

Lastly I keep a personal journal and write about how I physically and mentally feel while going through the whole weight loss process. I don't make it a chore or anything, sometimes I don't write in it for a few days and then I come back and write a couple pages. It helps looking back on it some days and in the end I'll have something to look back on and really be amazed with myself :)

1495732.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Lose weight not "try" to lose weight when you try something it gives you an excuse to fail. I learned this while I was quitting smoking. When I failed i'd say oh well I tried this time I'm losing weight not trying to lose weight!

I've thought that about one of my friends every time she's told me in the past that she was trying to quit smoking. Yoda really did say it best and most succinctly: DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Creating a balance between strength training and cardio. I also use interval training for my cardio sessions, since I get bored easily, I often switch from machine to machine, doing weight lifting in between. I am for one hour of exercise a day. Journaling food also helps.

Shannon
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    Good-old fashioned calorie counting and exercising 6 days a week.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    weight loss surgery (vertical gastric sleeve) which is only a tool. The biggest part is regular exercise and focusing on my VSG diet.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself everyday why I want this. ..why I work so hard, why I don't give up.. I pump myself up every single day to do this.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Tight pants..... It help me remember why I am doing everything that I do.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Using a salad plate instead of dinner plate for my meals. With smaller portions, my plate doesn't look so empty.

Snacking less. I was never a big meal eater but I more than made up for it with my snacking ALL DAY LONG. Now my snack is popcorn at night and maybe a piece of fruit between lunch and dinner. I am make better food choices for my meals so I don't need or want to snack like I used to.
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    Drinking water.. lots of it!!! :)

How much do you drink per day?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!