• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    butter.

Margarine tastes like donkey *kitten*.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    You just can't beat the taste of butter. I stopped using margarine a couple years ago. Back in the day we were told margarine was a healthier choice over butter, and eggs were bad, and only nonfat foods were good. I don't buy into any of that now. I like using whipped butter though.

imagejpg1_zpse7e58b45.jpg

Now and then I'll make my own butter. Super simple. Just put some heavy whipping cream in a little container. Drop a marble in it. Close the lid and just shake the container until you have butter.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    As long as you hit your calorie and macro goals it's largely irrelevant/personal taste.

I have marge on my toast (it spreads better from the fridge) and cook with butter (obviously tastier for sauces)..
    This.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Butter in recipes and on toast. Cooking spray for coating pans. If recipes call for oil, then it's EVOO. I can't believe it's not butter spray for steamed veggies eaten by themselves… But I don't do this very much anymore. Steamed veggies usually get eaten with pasta and I prefer just mixing them in with the noodles and pasta sauce.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you don't believe that "I can't believe it's not butter" is not butter.....

I only use butter.... fat is not fattening and tastes so much better to me.
  • canincm
    canincm Posts: 1
    Options
    Real butter! I've never liked the taste of margarine, and it's so unappealing when there's a natural alternative.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Margarine inflames your gut, real grassfed butter is one of the best things you can put in your diet. Remember guys is saturated fat is bad breast milk wouldn't be over 50% of it.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    real butter always beats any replacement, the problem is to find good one.
    Margarine is pretty bad for you. It is like asking is it better to put chemicals or natural products in your body
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    In for real sweet cream unsalted butter. Yummmmm

ETA: for spreadable real butter, use a butter bell.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use Land O' Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil.... 50 calories for 1 tablespoon which is plenty for a toasted light english muffin (90 calories) or whatever else you prefer.

Hope this helps...

Mark
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Butter.

Bacon is a seasoning, btw, not a meat. Just so you know.
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Being lactose intolerant, I use Earth Balance original buttery spread. It tastes just like butter. It is also vegan, gluten and casein free; and non gmo.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
    butter has fat, but it doesn't have added artificial...Use some butter if you need to bake.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Butter, the real thing.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Margarine inflames your gut, real grassfed butter is one of the best things you can put in your diet. Remember guys is saturated fat is bad breast milk wouldn't be over 50% of it.

That is a silly comparison - if breast milk has over 50% saturated fat that is because it meets the dietary needs of infants.
    This does not correlate to 50% saturated fat is good for adults.

I use margarine, it is cheaper and spreads better.
    Butter and margarine both taste fine to me, I don't use much of it anyway and the health advantages or disadvantages of either in the small quantities that I consume are really a non issue.

If people prefer butter, that's fine - but the idea that people using margarine cannot be healthy is just silly.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Butter. Because: delicious.
  • damonhall7
    damonhall7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Neither one. Bacon fat for the win.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I grew up on margarine because it was cheaper and "healthier" (or so my Mom thought)

Now I only use unsalted butter, tastes way better and a little bit if fat is part of a good diet. I only have margarine now when I go back to my parents, but I'm slowly starting to get my Mom on the butter train