are there any good salad dressings

Options
13»

Replies

• cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    walden farms makes a few different dressings that are all calorie-free. they only carry a few at my local walmart, but i know they make a pretty decent selection of them. they're also good for chicken strips.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I buy a pouch of ranch dressing mix (Club House or other brand) and instead of 1 cup milk and 1 cup mayonnaise I just add 2 cups of milk and 1 spoonful of mayonnaise. It's kind of runny but delicious on a chicken, avocado, lettuce salad and negligible calories.

I usually stick with vinaigrettes because creamy dressings are too thick. I like this idea and it sounds delicious. I'm going to try it. Thanks!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you have them in CT but Wegman's makes a fantastic yogurt dressing line...try those? Marie's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese is fantastic too!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    My two go-tos are Renee's Sweet Onion and Renee's Asian Sesame dressings. I think both are 40 cals per Tbsp.
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms has some nonfat dressings that are decent. I love Basil Lime Vinegarette. There is also one that is called poppy seed vinegarette....it isn't sweet like Poppy seed dressings usually are...it's more tart. Love it. Hope this helps. I'm not sure how available this brand is to you. I bought it at Ocean Job Lots for $1.50.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    DH's likes Ken's dressings,so I keep a jar for him. I use a measured Tsp of olive oil,few shakes of rice vinegar. Add garlic & Italian seasoning. Yum & I never get tired of it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms' yogurt dressings are quite good. I've tried Ranch (25 cals per tbs) and Cilantro Avocado (20 cals per tbs) and found them much better than other reduced fat dressings I've tried in the past. They are in the refrigerated aisle and price is comparable to other brands.

I second this, except Cilantro Avocado made me nearly throw up. I have ranch, Caesar Parmigiano, and honey mustard (my fave). And if I'm in the mood to use some more calories, Marzetti Honey Dijon is great as well.
  • healthyNEWday4me
    Options
    Soy? Where do you find this? Thanks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I like Ken's steakhouse light caesar (not creamy). 35 cals per tbsp and I find 1-1.5 tbsp takes care of 130-150 grams salad greens. I like that it has real oil in it, like 3g fat per serving or something. Throw on 6oz of chicken breast, some red onion and cucumber and boom, meal salad
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I like Lighthouse (Idaho company) OPA Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese.
    1-1/2 T. Works fine in a dinner to medium sized salad, tossed.
    Might lightly drizzle something else on top...raspberry vinagarette, French, Russian for a little contrast in taste.
  • ScottLynn98
    ScottLynn98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kraft - Free Zesty Italian (Fat Free Dressing) = 15 cal. per 2 tbsp!! Tastes Great!!
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Greek vinaigrette and Raspberry Hazelnut vinaigrette. Love them both and not bad on fat and calories.
  • jhfusmc
    jhfusmc Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the post, I'll try Hidden Valley light next. I so do love the regular flavored one though. I also use Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette but that's a little high on cal. count 2 Tbsp 60 cAL.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    The Bolt house farms yogurt dressings are good for more than just salads. I use mine on potatoes and burritos.

If you have Harris Teeters in your area, they have some great low calorie dressings like pear gorgonzola and Mandarin ginger poppy seed. Both around 60 cals for 2 TBS.
  • gem_girl15
    gem_girl15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the marketside buttermilk ranch yogurt based dressing in the refrigerated side in the produce dept best one so far at walmart
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive oil, 1 TBSP of real lemon juice, a couple, a couple shakes of my thyme seeds (about a 1/2 tsp), and a couple turns of my sea salt & garlic grinder. Shake that up and pour it over some baby arugula, 2 TBSPs of feta cheese, and 5 grape tomatoes...OMG it's so yum!!!
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump! I didn't realize how many calories were hiding in the Cindy's Mediterranean Barcelona dressing! Jeez. I need to try some of these other dressings, or just go oil and lemon juice instead.