What's on your "No" list?

Options

Replies

• eyeliketurtles
    eyeliketurtles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nothing! If it fits into my daily calories, I eat it. I've come to learn that super high-calorie foods are rarely worth it, and eating some fast food will just make me snack more later in the day and set me up to fail. But overall, I eat a very healthy diet 95% of the time, and the other 5% of the time I enjoy whatever it is that I'm craving (in moderation, of course)! I think that's why I've been successful this time- it's nice knowing that nothing is off-limits.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet. What have you banned (or tried to ban) from your life? Pizza, pasta, soda, and red meat are on mine. Have you had long term success with banning these foods from your diet?

I never gave up anything. I guess some of us don't completely give up certain foods after all.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Anchovies.

I'd eat anything for love

But I wouldn't eat THAT

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Scrapple and anchovies. No.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There is nothing on my "NO" list. As soon as I tell myself I can't have something, guess what I want? I have what I want in moderation....mostly.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I eat wut I want.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I've given up moderation for everything. There are foods I've learned I don't need bc they give me side-effects. Ie carls jr breakfast biscuit love them but, the fat and grease in them gives me "the runs". It's not worth it, except a rare occasion someone at work brings one in for me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would imagine as a fashion model, given most fashion models have an underweight BMI, there are a fair few foods you cannot allow yourself to eat.
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hate heavy starchy foods/meals like bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, fried batter dough, cakes, bananas, pastries..artificial drinks, sauces, dark fatty meats..and never been a problem sayinng "no" :)
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The only absolute NO for me is Mountain Dew. Mostly because once I have one, I want another and it wouldn't take me long to get back up to 2 or 3 cans a day. I could fit one into my calories, but it's just not worth it to me. I also severely limit myself on pasta for the same reason. It's not out completely (it was but I've worked a little back in), but I prefer to use low calorie alternatives now.
  • stacysjourney
    stacysjourney Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I banned soda all together, no carbonated drinks period. I cut way back on red meat and absolutely no prepackaged foods.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    No beets
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I am having the most consistent success since getting rid of the idea of a no list. Now it is a question of: a.) does it fit in my calories/what size portion fits in my calories; b.) is it worth it ~ generic grocery store cake at an office party = no, but my favorite cake my aunt drove 200 miles to bring me for my birthday = yes.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some people can eat anything they like and do it in moderation, but for me I had to ban myself from mcdonald's. Generally it was never good for me, but I an eat too much without thought there.

Cut out soda too, but if I really want one really bad, I get one (1) and make it work in my budget. Much better control with those these days.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    nope..... i am trying to make better choices but nothing is off limits
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    All the food that I don't like eating and non that I do? :huh:
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My No list is anything that tastes really bad to me. These items include:

Celery
    All alcohol
    Soda
    All carbonated drinks
    Big macs (Big No No)
    Extremely greasy foods
    Extremely salty foods
    Extremely sweet foods, especially grocery store cakes/sweets! Bleh :sick:
    Sugar-free/artificially sweetened processed foods (BIG NO)
    Black licorice; any licorice
    All hard candy unless it's coconut flavored
    All chewy or sour candies
    Almond milk by itself (I absolutely must drink it with something else)

:)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "no" list but there are some foods on a "watch" list because I have poor self-control with those foods.

Potato chips
    donut holes
    candied ginger
    marshmallow/puffed rice squares

If I want to eat them, I try to do so after a meal when I'm not particularly hungry.

add: there are some foods that upset my stomach so I avoid them--eg: tomatoes.

And I don't eat beef because I'm annoyed the FDA will not *allow* producers to test 100% of their beef for mad-cow disease, because the big producers are afraid a small producer will get a false positive and people will stop buying beef in general. Not buying beef is my protest because regulators should regulate, not coddle their industries.
  • klfoster88
    klfoster88 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Soda and processed white breads
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I gave up a few things but most important is high fructose corn syrup. It was created by science and is in almost everything now. The body doesn't know what to do with it, well it does but it's all bad. High fructose corn syrup is largely responsible for the diabetes and obesity epidemic in this country. It raises LDL (bad) cholesterol and cause plaque build up in the arteries, raises blood pressure, and accelerates the aging process. New research is suggesting it may be linked to the onset of Alzheimer's also. I know that I'll be attacked for posting this by certain MFP haters who will defend anything that is unhealthy. Google it and you can find lots of scientific research to back up what I said. Dr. Mercola is a great place to start. Good luck!