From Obese With Severe Anxiety to a Fit Personal Trainer

Options

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    WOW!! An incredible life change. You look Awesome and very happy! Congrats on what you've accomplished. Thanks for touching on the Anxiety struggle !

Keep doing what you're doing and consider yourself friended.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If we skip to this day i'm now a Personal Trainer and run Spartan Race,5ks,10ks at 210lbs 12%Bodyfat and in the shape of my life. My goal is now to help people who were like me and need to improve their lives.
    Take it from the old man, you done good kid.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As someone with anxiety, this is super heartening. A lot of my anxiety is about my body, and I find myself avoiding social situations (especially swimming!) because of it. I'll use your success story to motivate me more! :)
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What did you do to help beat the anxiety? Did you get on medication or was it a lifestyle change only? (As you can see from my screen picture, I'm not ready to show who I am yet.)

Inquiring minds who deal with the same stuff want to know! I'm just beginning the process and really not sure how to proceed with all of it.

By the way, you look FANTASTIC!
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You're story is awesome! And I'm glad you didn't leave out the anxiety part. There needs to be more discussion about the link anxiety and poor nutrition/lack of exercise, not to mention the cycle they create. I hope this helps a lot of people.

^^^ALL OF THIS^^^

Those of us who are caught in this cycle and don't know what to do would love to know more!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Repost from the motivation and support forum (for popular demand)

Hey guys I decided to make a thread about my transformation to help anyone who is in need of some motivation to get started or continuing their journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

Those Picture were taken at the age of 17 and 18 years old
    r7h71iq.jpg 4iJP8Nj.jpg

On those picture I was around 350 pounds and was dealing with severe anxiety, I wouldn't come out of the house on day time cause I was too shy of my appearance and would wait night time to go grab the paper or go to the grocery store, which I would wait almost until close time so there would be almost nobody. At this point of my life my only goal was to be a pro at videogame. I dropped out of school because of my anxiety problems at 15 years old and since this moment everyday of my life was pretty much the same. I was sitting in front of my computer for at least 12 hours a day and my diet was pretty much everything I could put my hands on... Poptart,Icecream,Soda,Cookie,Chocolate Milk,Energy Drink... You get the point.

One day I realised that my life was going no where. I was wasting the best years of my life to be good at a videogame, that was insane! I had to do something about it.

I went back to school at 18 years old which was really difficult for me, just being around people was making me sick. I knew my weight was the issue and I would have to change my lifestyle in order to be happy with myself and make my anxiety go away. I started reading online about nutrition and fitness and I was hooked right away, My nutrition was the hardest thing to change. I went from eating 7000+ calories a day of junk food to eaingt 2200 calories a day of clean food. It took me around 6 months to get used of those healthy eating habits. In those 6 months i've lost around 50 pounds with nutrition alone. I had more confidence and my anxiety was slowly going away, I then decided to register at my local gym and this is when I really got result. I've lost another 90 pounds in the next 9 month and my anxiety was gone, I was doing great in school and even got a Marketing Degree(I now study Kinesiology).

We share a few similar expierences in life.

Speaking from expierence...it's so awesome when people dig themselves out of that whole and become the person they were always meant to be.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Marry me.

My thoughts exactly.

aaaaaaaah Ditto.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    awesome work, you are an inspiration!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    HURAH!! very well done to you sir :drinker:
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    Amazing, congrats. Well done
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Great job!
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments :)
    What did you do to help beat the anxiety? Did you get on medication or was it a lifestyle change only? (As you can see from my screen picture, I'm not ready to show who I am yet.)

Inquiring minds who deal with the same stuff want to know! I'm just beginning the process and really not sure how to proceed with all of it.

By the way, you look FANTASTIC!

My doctor gave me pill which I never took.
    The way I beat my anxiety was to place my self in situation I didn't like, at the beginning it was just going to the grocery store at night and then when slowly but surely I was able to go when it was crowded. I went back to school and forced myself in party etc.. At first it was awkward as hell! But then I got used to it and started really enjoying my life and as my weightloss started I began to feel more confident so it was like a wheel effect!

Hopefully that will help you :)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing thing you have accomplished for yourself! And, because of the change, you're also helping others. You're an amazing young man who looks happy and relaxed. Kudos to the moon and back! :love:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You are freaking amazing. AMAZING! :flowerforyou:
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great work, and it's wonderful that you decided to pay it forward and help others (both on and off MFP). Hugs!
  • lelyke
    lelyke Posts: 47
    Options
    Amazing
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish you continued success!
  • sreejithbabu
    sreejithbabu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your smile is contagious! Your happiness in 'After' pic makes anyone smile. Mind-blowing change!!!

Pictures like this keeps me motivated in my weight loss journey! Thanks.
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm really busy atm but don't worry... I'll answer all your PM's and friend request in the next week!! :)
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! ^_^.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!