Not much progress with body recomposition?

Options
13»

Replies

212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yep, I wouldn't fret over it too much. Whatever you have done has worked really well. If you put some muscle on and lose a little more fat on you could consider doing some physique competitions. You have a very symmetrical build.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP,

Remember that with a bulk you will gain fat too, but if you find out your maintenance level, and count your calories well, get your protein and lifting right, you'll be on track to gain that precious 1/4 lb of muscle a week. You know you can cut, you're good at that, when you feel your measurements getting too big, or your clothes toooo tight, you can go back to slow cutting and preserving muscle. Rinse and repeat, slowly changing your composition in cycles.

At least you'll be more organised in your approach. Either gaining muscle with excess calories or melting fat with a small cut.(I cut at 100 cals under per day. It takes a loooong time but it's worth it, and I don't feel like I'm dieting, or get injured.)

Aim for 1/2lb gain a week which is 1700 calories or 250 extra calories per day. This is in addition to your daily needs. If you do cardio (not recommended during bulk) eat those calories back.
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies and jellyspoons!

Measurements and weight have officially been recorded! (Weight's gone up 0.5kgs since yesterday... blow it, I'm counting 55.6kg as my starting weight even though it'll make my ticker look bad :laugh: )

Weight: 55.6kg
    Neck: 11.8"
    Waist: 26"
    Hips: 34"
    Chest: 33"
    Arms: 10.2"
    Thighs: 20.5"

Body fat % according to scales: 27.5%
    Body fat % according to this calculator: http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/training/body_fat/body_fat_percentage.html - 20.2% :laugh: I like this number more!

I'm so psyched for this... can you tell? :drinker: :bigsmile: :wink: