Women over 50

Options
Hi Ladies!
Only you know how much more difficult it is to lose a few pounds. Not that it was ever easy but it does get tougher with the years. I just returned from a cruise, have gained a few extra and need support to lose them. I've gained 6 lbs this summer but would like to lose 10-15 by Christmas. I know I'm probably dreaming but this is my goal. Any others out there who would like to exchange support?

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a good support person. Been on MFP for a while. Lost 110 in a year, all natural. I'm fighting like hell to lose the last 15 or so pounds. Very stubborn pounds I should say. I'm 47 if that's close enough :laugh:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me if you like! Have a great day!
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and have just begun here. So far I've lost 8.5lbs, so I'd say your goal of 15lbs by xmas is super doable!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. These 20 extra pounds are sticking to me like concrete!
  • slimmermeja
    Options
    Hi have sent you a friends request.
  • leslime8
    leslime8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 50 also (almost 51) and have maintained a loss of about 30 pounds for the last couple of years. Now I've gained about 6 back and am struggling mightily to lose that, plus about 10 more.

I've been logging my food and exercise (jogging) for 25 days (and stayed at about a 1200 calorie net) but have only lost a pound.

So discouraging, but I'm determined to try my current approach for six weeks before changing up calories or exercise.

I haven't added friends or been added yet, so I'm not sure what that involves. But I'd love to give/get support from someone similar!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello, girls! There's a group on here called the "Over 50 Women's Club" you may be interested in joining. I recently joined myself, and love it! As one woman put it, it's nice to find a group of "compadres"! Check it out, and welcome to MFP! Any of you can feel free to add me to your support system....I'm 53 and am battling arthritis, along with a form of Muscular Dystrophy. I've managed to take off 18 pounds of my 60 pound goal so far, and could use some extra encouragement myself. Have a great day! :happy:
  • tess77h
    tess77h Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow what a success story keeponkicking! Congratulations.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Btw, you don't have to be over 50 to join...close to 50 is good enough! :wink:
  • slimmermeja
    Options
    Wow what a difference in you .. you have done really well .
  • slimmermeja
    Options

sorry that was for keeponkickin.
  • SofiaLeigh11
    SofiaLeigh11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am 55. I started here a year ago and then totally blew it. Today is my first day back and I need all the encouragement I can get!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow what a success story keeponkicking! Congratulations.

Thanks. Here's a couple pics for ya.

fatfatfat.jpg
    CindyLouisProm2012.jpg
    010.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
  • SharGetsHealthy
    SharGetsHealthy Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is impressive! Well done!
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

LOL! That's okay, slimmerme...I KNEW you weren't talking about me! :laugh:
  • slimmermeja
    Options

19lb loss is pretty impressive well done.
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to have 10 lbs off by Christmas. I am definitely here to support!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a good support person. Been on MFP for a while. Lost 110 in a year, all natural. I'm fighting like hell to lose the last 15 or so pounds. Very stubborn pounds I should say. I'm 47 if that's close enough :laugh:

So inspiring!
  • marypresent
    marypresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ( same goes for others on this thread.) I struggle with keeping motivation up and not falling off the wagon when things get tough. I admire those who are committed to sticking to their plans despite minor setbacks. I like your plan of losing 15 pounds before Christmas. I would love to achieve that as well. Best wishes on your journey! You can do it!
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

19lb loss is pretty impressive well done.

Thank you! :smile: