Women over 50

Options

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Wow what a success story keeponkicking! Congratulations.

Thanks. Here's a couple pics for ya.

fatfatfat.jpg
    CindyLouisProm2012.jpg
    010.jpg
    Untitled.jpg

You look amazing! Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Don't forget to check out two groups: Ladies who Lunch, and the (peri)menopause group.

Best of luck!
  • scared1
    scared1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone...I am 66 and lost 55 lbs in 2013 and now have gained 8lbs back ( I mean lost and regained these 8 lbs about 6 times in 2014). I have been a yo yo dieter for years....but no more.. This time I am sticking to it and determined to lose these 8Lbs and 20 more!!! I go to curves 5 x week and get weighed there monthly so that has really helped me to be accountable.
    Let's all go for it and this is OUR TIME to be our best ever.
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request! I am 46 and trying to get those last 15 pounds off also.
  • mhelenaduarte
    mhelenaduarte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join! :flowerforyou: ... aged 59, finding very, very hard to lose 9 kg .:angry: ..being "petite" , I need to drop from 61 to 52kg! long experience of trying "hard" and not much bad food to cut off! just found MFP a few weeks ago and I´m getting used to calories control.... I´m sure I could use a lot of your wise words!
  • scared1
    Options
    One thing Curves taught me that has really helped me is that I have to eat every 3 hours to keep my "slow" metaabolism burning. So ya gotta watch the calories but ya gotta eat to burn those calories. Good luck.
  • blue_beach
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheryl and I am going to be celebrating my 53 birthday on the ninth of September...I have been losing weight since October 2013 and I am almost at my 100 lb mark! I thought I would join the forum......
  • postiesam
    Options
    wow wow and double wow ...... well done :smile:
  • chusanchusan
    chusanchusan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 53, 64 kg ( 141lb) and aiming to get back to 58 (127) . Christmas sounds like a great time frame. That's 6 kg in 4 months or 1.5 kg a month. Should be doable. I used MFP very successfully about 2 years ago , job change ( sitting much of the day now and doing longer hours) life and the lolly isle got in the way. Back to planned meals and snacks . Wonderful to find you ladies and travel the journey with you .
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 years old. Add me if you like. Your Christmas goal is a doable one!
  • scared1
    Options
    I will be going on the wt loss journey too...so lets keep tabs on each other. Lost 55# in 2013..gained 8# back in 2014 and goal is to lose 28 lbs and reach my goal of 160 lbs. Have not set a goal date yet but am going to keep logging food and exercise on MFP until I reach my goal.
  • blue_beach
    Options
    thank you...
  • blue_beach
    Options
    My goal is 160 as well
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi - Feel free to add me. I totally understand the "over 50" challenge. Just when you want to slow down a bit you discover you need to do so much more of the good things (log food, exercise) that you used to do before just to get back to where you were.
  • iamcherylb
    iamcherylb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread of conversation! I'm 58 and while I only have 20 or so stubborn pounds I want to lose I am also dealing with painful arthritis issues. I work out to strengthen my muscles and take strain off painful hip and back joints and monitor my nutrition to help me lose a few pounds and ensure I'm getting the proper nutrients I need to prevent the arthritis from getting worse! I'm just getting myself set up on MFP and looking for people to share the journey with! Look forward to getting to know some of you more!
  • blue_beach
    Options
    I finally made it under 200 lbs....it has been over 25 years!
  • blue_beach
    Options
    thanks! God bless you on your journey too!
  • pdav2014
    Options
    58 here. Have lost about 58# in the last 7 months, and looking to lose 50-55 more. Loss is going slower now and I need some inspiration/encouragement.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Keeponkickin

Love your pics. What great loss! there's Hope for us all. BTW,I'm past 70& still trying.Another 20 pds to go.
    Pat
  • funnycatspal
    funnycatspal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 49 (50 in October) and am trying to loose about 10 more lbs. I've found that at this age, all those little bad eating habits are coming back to haunt me. I can't be as careless as I used to be and MFP has been really helpful. Feel free to add me as a friend.