Bras for bigger girls ok...bigger boobs :)

Options

Replies

• Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try Elomi bras, they are fabulous, and a well fitted bra will make you look at least 10lb lighter. I wear a 36G, and I got my Elomi bras at Nordstrom. It fits perfectly, and the support is incredible.

The support should come from the rib band, not the straps.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The best bras I've found are from Allure.
    They have several stores, but if you can get properly measured (most women don't know their actual size) you can order online.
    http://www.allurefits.com/

They show 3 listed in the "sports" category
    http://www.allurefits.com/category_s/1861.htm
    But if you get one that fits properly you should be supported no matter what you're doing.

I have an Elomi brand and LOVE it! (38G, and it supports me wonderfully. So very very comfortable.)
    They also make swimsuits.
    The one shown in the sports category has sizes from 34-46 and cups from D-J. (34J... that poor woman!)
    The Wacoal goes from 32-40, C-G.
    The underwire Wacoal 32-38, C-G.
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    RunningMyPugandPapi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running and I had a lot of pain in my breasts from lack of support (seriously those thin stretchy s/m/l bras are the WORST), and I didn't want to double up regular bra/stretchy sports bra, because that wears out my bras too fast. So, I read a lot of reviews on amazon, and chose the Moving Comfort Juno bra. I love my Juno bra! It's a little pricey (check on Amazon for deals - often you can get last season's colors at half price) and difficult to get into/out of, but there is no movement. At all. Couldn't jiggle them if I tried.

I also just got a Ta-Ta Tamer from Lululemon, and I like that as well. It is not as good at holding them still as the Juno, there is a little movement, but it is the first bra I've ever had for jogging that holds them up relatively still without having to squish them down at all. I use that one for smaller runs (like up to 5 miles/1 hour), and I make sure I have the Juno for longer workouts.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The Enell bra is like armor, I really like it although it is weird putting it on the first time, takes a little getting used to.

Also-highly recommend getting a professional fitting. I used to think I was a 40DD, in fact I wore that size for YEARS. Until recently I got measured while at a fitting at a professional bra store and found out I was a 34H!

After learning just how easy it is to be wearing the wrong bra size I really encourage women whenever I can to get that fitting and get a great bra. I never knew how great a bra that fits could be!

Here is a good visual aid:

http://frysauceandgrits.com/2013/08/bras-guide-how-they-should-and-shouldnt.html

And here is it a helpful guide about finding a good bra that fits you:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME problem...it's so aggravating! And it's true you need at least two, if not three bras to make it work sometimes, BUT I recently found these: Champion All-Out Support II Full Figure Wirefree Sports Bra from onehanesplace.com. A friend of mine who is a well-endowed runner told me about them. I was a skeptic but they had a sale and I had a coupon code (retailmenot.com), so I ended up getting two basically for the price of one.
    Anyway, I love them!
    I wear one for Zumba and the bouncing is kept to a minimum (they are rated for Max support for DD and high support or DDD). I wore one when we were moving in this frazzling southern summer heat and humidity and they kept the dreaded boob sweat away! I've even worn one just around town running errands one weekend!
    They have the double layer of support built right in, literally, it looks like two sewn together. They can also be swapped over to criss cross which would give you even more support if you wanted it. Another big plus is they hook in the back and they aren't bulky. Anyway, they have helped me, so maybe they will work for you too! Good luck!

Written like a paid endorsement....
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Besides ordering online...and VS, where can you find these bras: Elomi and Enell? Can you get them from ****'s Sporting goods or other sporting goods stores? I like to try mine on because they all fit so differently

Okay seriously MFP?! You edit out the name of the store?! SMH!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Besides ordering online...and VS, where can you find these bras: Elomi and Enell? Can you get them from ****'s Sporting goods or other sporting goods stores? I like to try mine on because they all fit so differently

I just laughed out loud at that!
  • MKEgal
    Options
    My favorite source for bras is now BigGirlBras.com.
    I went looking for that, & their site is actually
    http://www.biggerbras.com

And woohoo!! They have swimwear too!
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you need to make sure you measure yourself accurately. Odds are, those that are having to wear more than one bra are wearing a bra that's at least 2 cup sizes too small.

I think if you go on you tube, you can find videos on how to accurately measure ... it involves leaning forward, not standing up straight... this should help you to find one that fits better, which will help with bounce. :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been measured at 36 DDD - but that was just for regular bras, and there was WAAAAAY too much play in there, so I compromised with a 38 DD for my REGULAR bras. They told me if I went down in cup size I had to go up in band. Eh...crap dunno if she knew what she was talking about...it was a Lane Bryant gal.

So I'm thinking if I'm 38DD regular bra, maybe I should do 36DD in a sports bra. Or do you think there'd still be too much play. I'm looking at that Glamourize bra. It has the back closure I need and looks like there's enough to tuck it all in. :)
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options

Thank you! I'm definitely gonna check this out!
  • MusiKxKaT
    Options
    Ugh, I know. I was just looking this up on google! While some people may think that having DDDs up top sounds like a dream, it is anything but....

I usually just end up wearing 2-3 bras. However, my mom let me use one of her Enell bras once and it really did work! Granted, having to close up about a million (give or take :wink: ) hooks up the front is a little annoying and time consuming, but dammit, it got the job done. But, I don't have the cash to drop on a $65 bra right now. Guess I'll just keep wearing layers until that day comes. :ohwell:
  • MKEgal
    Options
    where can you find these bras: Elomi and Enell? Can you get them from ****'s Sporting goods or other sporting goods stores? I like to try mine on because they all fit so differently
    OK, that's funny. :D

Elomi is an actual lingere company, so they're in real stores, not sporting goods.
    The store I mentioned (Allure Intimate Apparel) has locations in several states.
    Not sure what other retailers carry them, but the Elomi website has a locator.
    http://www.elomilingerie.com/store_locator.aspx
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know. I was just looking this up on google! While some people may think that having DDDs up top sounds like a dream, it is anything but....

I usually just end up wearing 2-3 bras. However, my mom let me use one of her Enell bras once and it really did work! Granted, having to close up about a million (give or take :wink: ) hooks up the front is a little annoying and time consuming, but dammit, it got the job done. But, I don't have the cash to drop on a $65 bra right now. Guess I'll just keep wearing layers until that day comes. :ohwell:
    Darling, at this rate be thankful you can get those bras over your head!!! I'm embarassed to admit that I can't.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    where can you find these bras: Elomi and Enell? Can you get them from ****'s Sporting goods or other sporting goods stores? I like to try mine on because they all fit so differently
    OK, that's funny. :D

Elomi is an actual lingere company, so they're in real stores, not sporting goods.
    The store I mentioned (Allure Intimate Apparel) has locations in several states.
    Not sure what other retailers carry them, but the Elomi website has a locator.
    http://www.elomilingerie.com/store_locator.aspx

I will have to find a retailer that carries the Elomi brand in my area. Thank you!!
  • MKEgal
    Options
    After learning just how easy it is to be wearing the wrong bra size I really encourage women whenever I can to get that fitting and get a great bra. I never knew how great a bra that fits could be!
    Yes, yes, yes!
    The Elomi I have now is so comfortable, it's the first bra I've ever had that I don't want to take off.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have recently been measured and am now a 36D in a full cup, a 36DD in the smaller cups. Go figure, I lost weight and went up a cup size (my ribcage just got smaller).

Victoria's Secret.. ugh. Most frustrating place. I bought a bikini top from there this year figuring they have a well known rep for having good quality bras. Ordered it online and returned it promptly.

As far as sports bras go, I've had 0 luck. I've also bought a size smaller and that seems to be most effective. Sometimes I double up depending on the bra. 3 bras is ridiculous but 2 is doable. Better to be held down and somewhat uncomfortable in my opinion.
  • tulipsATL
    Options
    By far the best work out bra(s) I have ever bought are from moving comfort - http://www.movingcomfort.com/
    I love the Juno, but there are many styles and fits for all sizes. I am a DDD and these don't have any trouble locking these babies down for running or hard cardio.
  • woman_of_steele
    woman_of_steele Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Enell.Big boobs or small, if you are more concerned about support for your workouts than looking good, Enell is it. Got mine from amazon about 10$ less than Enells website