dressy walking shoes

2»

Replies

• SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Aerosoles! They have some grown up styles that won't have you standing out in a bad way. Also Sketchers, believe it or not, has some cool slip on styles.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Whatever makes you feel pretty. If I can walk after 4 drinks (I know, I m a
    Lightweight) up hills in Charles David wedges you can do Europe.
  • I am a Roman (from Rome - Italy) and I wear white sneakers even out of the gym. :happy:

I think you may come with your comfortable shoes (type according to weather condition that can be very moody in Spring) and then buy other shoes here.
    At least in Rome in the central area there are always sales.
    Brands that are considered on fashion and comfortable here are Hogan, Nero Giardini, and Geox.
    In my opioni Hogare are the most comfortable and Nero Giardini really stylish according to "Italian taste".

ps I do not "get on well" with heels, but as a matter o fact I have seen a lot of female colleagues walking without any problem with stiletto heels in "san pietrini" streets (streets made of little rocks). No idea how they can manage that!! :huh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I am planning a trip to Italy in the spring. Any recommendations for walking shoes that are great on the feet and legs but also very stylish? Apparently shoes are a BIG deal there and I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

I was in Rome in February, no one cared about my shoes...
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    ive done some good trekking in crocs the stylish ones

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDLAwtAcSP2vZGQkLDXpKECTAwhcW1hJK5bchrmCfjq4qdTrvg&usqp=CAY
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    I agree with annafrmrm!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Thanks for the input!
  • Wedged trainers?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Depending how late in the spring it is, you might want to invest in some nice leather riding or biker boots. They come in all lengths from ankle to knee and anywhere in between. They are comfortable enough to walk around all day in, and stylish enough to fit in with the fashion-forward Italians.

If I was going to go for leather boots, I'd wait until l got to Italy to get them. Florence leather market was amazing, I love my jacket and still regret not buying that purse.

I have really bad feet so I can't wear any heel at all. Unfortunately I often have to sacrafice style for comfort. I had a pair of Aerosole flats that I wore for my entire trip. I survived a walking tour of Rome with them. Not sure of what the locals thought of me though.