Pancakes vs Pizza

Options

Replies

• sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pancakes for breakfast, pizza for dinner! That was my Sunday. Whee!

i'd rather do pizza for breakfast and pancakes for dinner!! i love having breakfast for dinner. :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the info! Which do you think would be more filling between the two? My past few cheat meals have been a veggie burger and sweet potato fries (some vanilla custard afterwards) which were filling for me, but this past Sunday I had a portobello burger with sweet potato fries (no meat) and it wasn't filling at all! I want to enjoy the meal and be left satisfied, not craving more food afterwards if that makes sense!

These are sad cheat meals. :cry:

Curious what non-cheat meals look like...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the info! Which do you think would be more filling between the two? My past few cheat meals have been a veggie burger and sweet potato fries (some vanilla custard afterwards) which were filling for me, but this past Sunday I had a portobello burger with sweet potato fries (no meat) and it wasn't filling at all! I want to enjoy the meal and be left satisfied, not craving more food afterwards if that makes sense!

These are sad cheat meals. :cry:

Curious what non-cheat meals look like...

Pizza and pancakes.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So here's a question about making a smarter decision for my cheat meal...

What is a better "cheat meal"...pancakes or pizza? I know neither of these are healthy, but which would you go with, or which is the lesser of the two evils? Thanks in advance.

Eat both and make it a day to remember. Also, give up the notion of unhealthy foods. You'll feel much better.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I love pancakes but then I'm hungry within an hour or two because they're pure simple carbs. Pizza stays with you better. Plus, you can add some protein and/or veggies and get a bit of extra nutrition.

But they're both delicious, so figure out which you're craving more and make it happen.

exactly. I can't eat pancakes with syrup without a blood sugar issue cropping up, so I'm all about the pizza
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. I love pizza. So my choice would probably be pizza. I also tend to be more satisfied with pizza because it has a lot more protein than pancakes.

But sometimes I feel like pancakes, so I eat those too. And they're not "healthy" pancakes. The only way I will ever eat a pancake is if it's a legit buttermilk pancake with butter and 100% maple syrup. Yum. :smile:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Probably pizza but if the pancakes have bacon and maple syrup then I'd consider going that way
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I :heart: both!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals are dumb. I just eat what I want and fit it into my daily goal.

but for the record, pizza>pancakes
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Let's pretend we're talking about what tastes better. Finally OP! A deep subject for discussion.
    Normally, I would say pizza, but right now I'm hungry and pancakes would be nearly orgasmic! I'll get back to you. :undecided:
  • laurx3o
    laurx3o Posts: 13
    Options
    Sorry that you feel my cheat meals are "sad" but that was what I had been craving.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even call it a cheat meal or day, I'd just make them fit. ... because delicious
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    why_not_both.gif

Yeah!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Are you vegan or just prefer not to eat much meat? I also saw the post where you said this was a meal out, right? I guess it would depend on the options. I like both of the ideas! I love variety and pancakes can really offer that. I love those whole wheat pancakes with the nuts in them with dried fruit and honey (like at Cracker Barrel here in the US). OM NOM. But I also like the buttermilk ones with fruit. If you do pancakes, you could do any number of combos and get eggs or egg whites, bacon or sausage, fruit etc. But... same goes with pizza! So. MANY. OPTIONS. So, it will really depend on what kind of place you go to and what the food options are. I'd maybe check the places you are thinking of going and maybe something on the menu will stick out. :smile:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I meant in terms of when I'm eating out at a restaurant. I guess I'll decide when I wake up that day! Lol

See if they carry a menu w/ calories that you can view before going in, that way you have a better idea since only you know where youre going.
    That way you can make your own informative decision :ohwell:
  • laurx3o
    laurx3o Posts: 13
    Options
    I really appreciate all the feedback! I'm actually a pescetarian.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Can I ask who or what you are cheating exactly? Your body always knows what it is eating, so the terminology confuses me.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I would pick the pizza everytime :-)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Which do you think would be more filling between the two?

The most filling would depend how much you have and what toppings you have.

If I had to choose I'd go with pizza, topped with tuna, onion and plenty of cheese. But I often have protein pancakes for breakfast so could easily eat both in a day and still be within my goals.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    So here's a question about making a smarter decision for my cheat meal...

The point of a "cheat" meal is to relieve psychological feelings of deprivation and address cravings you may be having during dieting. It is like a temporary release valve. So really eat whatever you want while making sure you don't swing to far the other way and binge.

That said the bigger question is could you set up your diet in a way which minimises deprivation and restriction and if so what would such a diet look like?

Now, if I had to choose between commercially prepared pizza or a pancake I would probably go for a souffle pancake Arnold Bennett...