Dennist tomorrow. 3 teeth to be pullled, soft food ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• IndyAmby
    Options
    Yikes! Part of my dental issue is sensitivity to cold. Popsicles and ice sound horrific!
  • CynthiaJ999
    CynthiaJ999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your suggestions are great, except for yogurt. It's a bacterial culture, which should be avoided for a few days. You can trust me, as I'm a dental assistant, and am always warning our patients about yogurt after extractions.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Oh lord!

I'm just lying here after my wisdom tooth extraction today.

Two things I've learned.

1) get proper drugs. I didn't and was crying in agony after the anaesthesia wore off. Here in the uk they let you sort that out yourself.

2) I wish I had eaten a big substantial breakfast and lunch. I'm starving and the smoothies ain't cutting it.

The surgery was amazing though! Very smooth, didn't feel a thing and under sedation so very relaxed, and the whole process was ok.

Not so good without pain relief it must be said!

I've had my wisdom teeth x-rayed a few times as they aren't fully out (37 years old!), when did they decide to pull yours?.

Seems they prefer to leave them alone if possible.

Hi

Well there was always something funky going on, and eventually I got referred to the hospital thinking they'd send me away with a pat on the head. Turns out it's damaged the tooth in front so it had to go!

This has been going on for decades, and I've been putting it off. Big deal to finally get it done! Very pleased with myself!
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, smoothies, mashed potatoes, soup. Ice cream! Haha
  • IndyAmby
    Options
    I hadn't thought about the yogurt/bacteria thing. Good to know!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    mashed potatoes
    mashed sweet potatoes
    chocolate avocado pudding
    sorbet
    blended vegetable soups - beet, tomato, whatever
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My pain was so severe I did not want to even think about eating the first day....the second day not much better. I ended up having a milkshake that was very high in calories so I wouldn't have to have anything again for a while.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ef you hav axess to a post ofes u can ordr jelo from Amuson.

Gud luck at the dennist
    I love you. :flowerforyou: :love:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Luke warm cream of potato soup worked for me when I had 4 wisdom teeth out this year. Filling enough and mushy enough without anything that would get stuck in the sockets. Also instant mashed potatoes with butter.

I had bought a bunch of puddings etc but my teeth are sensitive to sugar so it was driving me through the roof. Ended up surviving on the above.

edit: Forgot-- Atkin shakes. Dark chocolate ones. You're probably not sensitive to sugar like me so probably any of those ensure type shakes would be good for you.

edit again: Also go easy on the pain meds they give you because you DO NOT want to throw up and potentially screw up the stitches in your mouth.