Hummus lovers!

Options
Anyone else love hummus?!! I am a huge hummus lover and I love to scoop me a few spoonfuls add it to a plate..squeeze a green lime , sprinkle fresh parsley and drizzle extra Virgin olive on top..I've recently been eating it with wheat thins! Soo yumm! How do you like your hummus?

Replies

• MomforNoah
    Options
    Me too! I love it with baby carrots or cucumber slices. I still need to try to make my own..but haven't.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mash up an avocado with garlic hummus, and eat it with tortilla chips. Trader Joe's has pita bread crackers that are good too. When I don't want chips or crackers with it, i have it with baby carrots.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love it too. I like the flavored kinds (usually from Trader Joe's). My favorite is cilantro jalapeño.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    No special prep necessary. Open tub, dip!! Tribe's Everything flavor is my all-time favorite!
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My fave is the spinach artichoke kind! But I love them all :smile: on carrots, cucumber sandwiches, or on rice thins, I'll even use it instead of mayo
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh drool! I use hummus instead of mayo on sandwiches, I use it as a dip for veggies...I've eaten it with a spoon right out of the container....

My M-I-L is 100% Syrian and...well, she can't cook at all, but her sister can and OHMIGAWD can this woman make hummus to DIE for. It's unreal.

....I really want hummus now.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I like to fill boiled egg white halves with it, makes a lower calorie and lower fat version of deviled eggs.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff. Red pepper is my favorite store bought flavor. Now and then I'll make it, but I usually just buy it at the store. I mostly use it as a dip for veggies or as a condiment on sandwiches or wraps.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ^ Same, the red pepper flavor is my favorite! Hummus is a life-saver - it's one of the few light snacks that actually fills me up!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sandwich with roast veggies. LOVE.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mmmmm yes! My favorite is califlower with garlic hummus
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love it with Wheat Thins, carrots, peas, and mixed in with steamed broccoli. So good.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mmm!! Check out my diary... I eat hummus every single day... usually with either carrots or sweet peppers. I also love hummus with any kind of cracker or raw veggie or chip or....finger. :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love hummus! Recently discovered lemon cucumbers and those dipped in hummus are incredible!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'd love to make my own but I don't think that kind of thing freezes well and I wouldn't be able to go through the kind of quantity I'd have to make for it to be worthwhile making it...not before it would end up going bad. I don't have anyone else to feed.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've learned the hard way I have to measure it out and put the container away. Otherwise I'll eat the whole thing with whatever chips or crackers it takes to get it into my mouth because my brain thinks, "It's fine. It's nutritious as well as delicious." Duh! It's still made of calories.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I often have hummus for breakfast, with a whole wheat pita. I was making my own hummus for a while, and it was incredibly delicious, but it didn't keep very long. So back to Sabra -- the roasted garlic flavor, for preference.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm just sitting dipping seeded pitta into my houmous now when I came across this thread. I love it....as a dip, as a sandwich spread and all on its own YUM
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Other than dipping veggies and stuff in it, I like to thin hummus out with a bit of water and use it as salad dressing! :)
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS

Just about any of it is good, I like pita chips with it. Or I just use my veggies to dip in it. I really want hummus now....