Where my rocker chicks at??

Options
tr3kkie9rl
tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
Hey gals - I want to hear from some ladies who love to rock. Whether it's metal, hardcore, screamo, punk, riot grrrls, or anything else, make your voices heard!!

Here are some of my favorite bands:
Small Brown Bike
Failure
Able Baker Fox
Into Another
Clutch
Look What I Did
Avec
War on Women
Descendents
Black Flag
God Fires Man
Saetia
Five Eight
Refused
Polar Bear Club
Under a Dying Sun
Planes Mistaken for Stars
Jimmy Eat World
Mephiskapheles
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
In This Moment
and a bunch more...

Who's up for some rawk talk?

Replies

• my_chrystal82
    my_chrystal82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Aww the Mighty Mighty Bosstones...was beginning to think that was some kind of residual 90s drug induced memory haha. Royal Oil was my favorite!

Loving the rocker inspirational...I've turned a bit to the rockabilly these days with Supersuckers and Big Jeezus Truck. I've got love for Alice in Chains and Jack White, these round out my usual playlist lately.
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    MMB is the ****!! My kids' favorite song is "the last dead mouse one" I love them all. SOOOO wish we were going to Riot Fest (Chicago) this year, I've never seen them live!
    Rockabilly is fun, I can get down with that
    Alice in Chains... oooh classic :) good stuff
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    dax riggs is better

acid bath forevvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrr
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

may I ask what you're saying? I honestly have no clue lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

may I ask what you're saying? I honestly have no clue lol

a jealous hater clearly
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    I so do not understand the interwebz code haha
    Adic bath is pretty rad though
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't actually know anyone else who's heard of In This Moment....
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal all the way here!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

Dude I love that band!! Maria's voice (in studio) is killer. I have to say her live performances kind of suck though. It always bums me out when a singer can't do live what they do in recording. What do you think of the more theatrical production their shows have taken on lately?
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

which bands?
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Dude I love that band!! Maria's voice (in studio) is killer. I have to say her live performances kind of suck though. It always bums me out when a singer can't do live what they do in recording. What do you think of the more theatrical production their shows have taken on lately?

I agree. Disappointing. Although a live radio performance I heard once was also good. It's just the stage that somehow doesn't do her justice... And I'm always a fan of theatrical production! Even when I'm a fan of a way the band starts out, it's sorta fun to watch them grow and change and experiment. And the finished product is always worth the wait.
  • AthleticForties
    AthleticForties Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones

I love you!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    Whilst I'm not a woman, well, last time I checked I wasn't anyway. But I just wanted to commend you taste in music. :drinker:

OK I guess this thread doesn't have to be JUST for girls... there are just so many more guys who like rock than girls ya know? So I am hoping to draw them out and find more friends :P
    What bands on my list did you like?
    Who are your favorites?
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones

I love you!

so does my hubby ;)
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

I agree. Disappointing. Although a live radio performance I heard once was also good. It's just the stage that somehow doesn't do her justice... And I'm always a fan of theatrical production! Even when I'm a fan of a way the band starts out, it's sorta fun to watch them grow and change and experiment. And the finished product is always worth the wait.

Yeah I've seen a couple youtube videos that were ... okay. I just really want honesty in music, not production value. I don't mind the theatrical stuff, but if you don't have stage presence to go along with it... just doesn't click. But I do love their recorded albums SO MUCH. Blood and *kitten* are my favorite songs off the last album; Just Drive and Gun Show from Star-Crossed Wasteland; and Lost at Sea from The Dream.

Which songs do you like?
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    wow I forgot one of the best bands of all time

RUSH
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options

which bands?

Slayer, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Children Of Bodom, Pantera, Venom, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Lamb Of God, Ensiferum, Machine Head, Black Label Society, Kreator, DevilDriver...from the top of my head! So many more favourites haha :P
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    nice list!!