A question for the ladies only

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    With regards to cravings, I'd say eat them in moderation as long as they fit around your macros. If you're really struggling, maybe go into maintenance for those days only. It won't set you back with weight loss, just more like put you on hold temporarily. This IMO is better for you mentally than restricting yourself no matter what or how you feel.

In terms of lack of energy, unless you actually think you are sleep deprived or have been overtraining, I'd say fight it out and get through it.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just eat it, as long as it fits into my calories. I try to continue to work out throughout and will eat back those calories if need be. Quite often I can't work out on the first couple of days but depends each month. Normally I feel like a hungry elephant and there is no stopping me in the treat cupboard, try to prepare ahead as well.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    2 caplets of Midol Complete help me a lot. They give me tons of energy. I also tend to drink diet soda more during my period which helps wake me up due to the caffeine and also helps to keep my sweet tooth at bay a bit. I also down a lot more water because that usually keeps me from bloating. However, I'm one of those girls that loses a little easier on my period, that might be because I don't necessarily eat more because I get a lot of nausea
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I crave, salt, salt, and more salt so I just try to plan for healthy salty. Kale chips and Seaweed work for me.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    how about trying the frozen banana, unsweetened cocoa "ice cream". Plus I think there is a supplement that may help...what we are lacking at that time.......
  • leomcdee
    leomcdee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. Lots of really good advice to put to the test.

I've been starving all day, even though I've eaten well (lots of nutrients, though a little low on protein). I need to keep my cupboards clear of junk food, else I will binge, but I think buying the occasional single portion of chocolate/cake/crisps and fitting that into my calories will work.

I'm also going to try making some alternative healthy snacks; frozen yoghurt ice lollies, home made (low-sugar) sorbet, that kind of thing. I'm allergic to nuts, which is an absolute nightmare because a lot of the healthy snacks seem to include them.