Friday NSV - post yours below!

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
Can be from this week, doesn't have to be today only.

I'll go first:

I've had a stomach bug all week, so I can't believe the 4 lb loss on the scale, obviously.

BUT I'm going on vacation next week and I realized last night that ALL of my "new" cute summer clothes are too big!
Even the stuff that I JUST bought last month.

Guess I need to go shopping tomorrow. :wink:

Replies

• Happymelz
    Options
    Bump!
  • jessicagoble
    jessicagoble Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my Friday NSV has to be when my boyfriend finally looked at me real hard this morning and said "wow, you are getting smaller!" in the past I've had to fish for a little recognition :grumble: (so who knows the actual validity of that but...)

Have a great weekend!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Most of my work pants have a zipper and buttons but I don't even need to undo them anymore to go the the restroom or to change.
    Good thing for belts!
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Great NSVs!!!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was unpacking cases of water out of my car Wednesday night after crossfit. It was 8:30 and dark... and a neighbor, I don't know, was walking her dog. She introduced herself and we talked a bit. She asked me what I did... and before I could respond... she said "Are you a personal Trainer?". OMG I almost laughed out loud. I thought better, told her that was such a lovely thing to say and that I was just getting FIT for the first time in my life.

So #1 it was super dark, #2 she was old and probably had bad eyesight... #3 but damn that was super flattering!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Can be from this week, doesn't have to be today only.

I'll go first:

I've had a stomach bug all week, so I can't believe the 4 lb loss on the scale, obviously.

BUT I'm going on vacation next week and I realized last night that ALL of my "new" cute summer clothes are too big!
    Even the stuff that I JUST bought last month.

Guess I need to go shopping tomorrow. :wink:

CONGRATS that is so awesome... well not the bug.. but the clothes!
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I was unpacking cases of water out of my car Wednesday night after crossfit. It was 8:30 and dark... and a neighbor, I don't know, was walking her dog. She introduced herself and we talked a bit. She asked me what I did... and before I could respond... she said "Are you a personal Trainer?". OMG I almost laughed out loud. I thought better, told her that was such a lovely thing to say and that I was just getting FIT for the first time in my life.

So #1 it was super dark, #2 she was old and probably had bad eyesight... #3 but damn that was super flattering!

That is awesome! :)
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Two separate people in work commented my face looks thinner :) !!
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always looked at myself as being the fattest girl in every group. Today a girl (whom I really admire and in my head 'categorized' her as skinny) came up to me and said "Wow! We are the exact same height and size....wait, no you are actually skinnier than me!"....I was dumbfounded! I didn't believe her at first (especially because I had also thought of myself as being HUGE compared to everyone) until a few other coworkers chimed in and said...yup you are definitely smaller than her...

Not only was it a boost to my confidence, but it made me realize how differently I view myself in comparison to other people around me.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Tightened my belt another notch this morning to keep my work pants from falling off!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Work had a health screening this morning, which involved a quick blood test. Overall my cholesteral is lower; LDL is lower, BP is lower; HDL is the same. Unfortunately weight, BMI, triglycerides are all up. I'll take the mixed results for what they are: a sign that the small changes I've been working on are doing some good but I still have a long way to go. To be fair I knew the weight and inferred the BMI ( yes I know BMI is not really a good measure that has too many variables).

ETA for spelling
  • Happymelz
    Options
    These are great! :D
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I work out every morning at a 5:30AM boot camp class. Right after mine, there is a 6:15 class. One of the women in the 6:15 class who I see a few times a week when she comes in early stopped me and said, "Wow! You look amazing! Is this just from boot camp?"

It was awesome having someone that I don't even really know, tell me that they could see how much I've changed and that I look great :)
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's little, but i have a pair of grey leggings that I bought quite a while ago, but I rarely wear because I'm self conscious of skin tight clothes like that. Plus, they were just small enough that it was hard to pull them on over my thighs and they would roll down because of my tummy. Anyway, I decided to wear them while I worked out yesterday, since I'd just be in my house. After a few minutes I realized they weren't rolling down, even doing sit ups and everything! It felt pretty good. :happy:

Edit: spelling. :grumble:
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The bump of fat behind my neck is gone.. I noticed today.. In a week!! Wow.. That bump comes back whenever I slack off.. So i guess my hardwork is paying off.. woohoo! :D
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bought some new pants for work a few weeks ago because nothing else fit. The past couple days, I've realized that not only can I wear them comfortably, they are starting to get too big!

If that's not motivation, I don't know what else is! :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I bike to work and usually just throw an outfit in my backpack. Well the shirt I picked out for today is WAY too big, and the capris which have been tight for months are finally fitting "normally," so it's a good friday over here!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Reached the last hole on my belt. Need to punch a new hole, or buy a smaller belt this weekend!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have 2 - I had to buy a belt to hold my pants up because I'm between sizes...and I lost an inch off my waist :)
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought some new pants for work a few weeks ago because nothing else fit. The past couple days, I've realized that not only can I wear them comfortably, they are starting to get too big!

If that's not motivation, I don't know what else is! :)

^^ This! My Friday NSV is exactly the same! And yes, it is very motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!