Friday NSV - post yours below!

Options

Replies

• SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I have been working very hard and have lost over 22 inches since December, however, people always come to me to ask how much my sister has lost. Don't get me wrong I am so proud of her and her 100+ pound loss, but it sure felt good on Sunday when at church a lady asked ME how much I had lost. I wanted to do a happy dance.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    37 days ago when I joined MFP, I made myself a selfie-video to tell myself to stay on track if I fall off. Kind of like a "watch this in an emergency" type of thing. I only filmed my face talking.
    Yesterday I watched it and I had an extra chin! I took a current picture and compared it side by side - I look completely different already.
    The biggest difference though was how pessimistic and sad I was when I started. The past month has been literally life changing. I feel I can do it and I am excited about my progress. The first video theme was "Since you must have failed already, here, watch this." Now I made a new video in which the theme is "Look how far you've already come! You totally got this!!"
    So in short: One less chin. A happier looking demeanor. And a whole new attitude. :)
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I played tennis with three men for two hours. They were piles of sweat and had to keep taking breaks to rest and drink water. I had some water after about an hour and at the end and waited patiently during the breaks because I am getting in shape!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Returned to work this week and one of the teachers in my building said to me as I was walking in front of her.."You've gotten skinny." Now that's a good feeling:)
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A lady I work with commented that I was getting skinnier than her and one of my patients said You've lost weight and asked me how I did it and I told her about MFP
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Tonight I went shopping and was limited on time so I tried on a ton of different shirts/tops and most of them didn't fit or looked terrible.

But this is a "win" because of the reasons they looked terrible.

Some just looked frumpy and old lady-ish

Some were too baggy around my shoulders or midriff.

Some were too big, including several size "L" (I am currently in mostly L and a few XL and starting to fit into some M)

A tunic I really loved, didn't fit right, because it was just way too big all over.

Some of them just plain didn't work for various reasons.

NONE of them were too small...except for one that was too small JUST in the boobs, and would have looked great otherwise.

For me this is an NSV :-)
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Today I completed Couch 2 5K Week 6 Day 2. I absolutely cannot believe I am still hanging in there! Prior to starting this program, it has been 31 years since "running" was even in my vocabulary. I am going to achieve my goal because I am just crazy enough to believe I can!
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just sent my rings out to be sized down!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have this purple short t shirt dress that i would never wear in public. Today I put it on and it looked good. I went out and about and felt good about myself for a change. I am trying on my 10 year old jeans and skirt tomorrow. I am more excited than I am nervous.

Whoohoo
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week family had a get together at their pool. Snacks and treats all around. I had come from work and already had a healthy lunch so I wasn't hungry. I normally would have gone for a few handfuls of whatever was in front if me but I wasn't even tempted! Not worth the extra calories! Feeling good :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I pushed my workout this week, decided not to go out tonight because I dont need the extra calories and I need REST!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my Friday because I live in the future but I did 2 hours on my recumbent bike to prepare for girl's night and still would have stayed within my calories even without the workout! Also, when I got home, my husband wrapped his hands around my waist and said I was getting smaller. :) Felt pretty good!
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been filling in this week at the restaurant I used to cook at.. they serve all the good food that I don't eat anymore.. I cooked it all week and didn't cave!
    Several people haven't seen me since I left that job and some of them didn't even recognize me!! Tonight, a lady that I don't know at all told me I was her inspiration!! That although I wasn't even on her Facebook that she had kept up with my weight loss! That made me feel really good!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Ran out of holes on my belt. Always a good thing.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Visited my mum (who has dementia) in the nursing home this morning and she asked me if I was sick because my face looked thin. That comment is about as close to a compliment as I'll ever get from her now. But I was actually shocked that she noticed any difference in me at all.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    officially in XL scrubs
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I bought some new jeans this week.... At an actual brick and mortar store. Normal jeans with a set waistband and everything. I don't remember the last time I could do that! And to make matters better... They are the same size as what I wore in high school. Granted I was big in high school too... But still! It means anything after this will make me smaller than what I was in high school!
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I cut my blood pressure medication dosage in half. Today for the 3rd day in a row my BP is steady at 115/75, which is far better than it had been at double the medication dosage just a few weeks ago. At this rate it will be zero BP meds in another few weeks!
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was able to do 2 pull ups in a row during my workout today!! I was so excited! My goal is 3 in a row and then I want to work up to 5 but since I started at not even being able to do one complete one, I was pretty excited. :smile:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    when I did my stretches in the morning my belly/pouch didn't touch the floor!!!! woo-hooooooo!!!!! I am the shrinking woman!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!