how long are your workouts?

cjusticeg
cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Typically how long are your workouts?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I usually workout 30-60 minutes. I usually do walking, bike riding, workout dvds and the wii (and swimming when it is warm)
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    hour
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Usually one hour strength training in the morning and an hour of cardio in the afternoon.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    I do 45-60 minutes of cardio and about 20-30 minutes of lifting for an average workout.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    usually anywhere from 45-60 minutes. Lately it's been more around the 45-50 mark. I've felt rundown and like crap :(booo!!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I try to get a 30 min workout, 5 days a week. when its nice outside, we like to go for walks or ride bike after dinner as a family. thats extra. but I try to schedule at least 30 min of cardio, 5 days a week. like the wii Shape, or some videos or the elliptical.

some times its hard just to get 30 min in, let alone more than that. with working, and taking care of the house and kids.
  • Between 60 min and 120 min.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    I try to get at least 30 minutes everyday. If I can fit more in then I do more.
  • generally an hour...depending on the kids...sometime's time "screws" me and only permits 30 to 45...and if i can, i definitely add in more...i'm into the Nike+ shoes and app's for iPod and it's really great...counts my steps and everything...i'm into workout dvd's, running, jogging, walking, snow activities, wii (wiifit and the ea sports active so far...sometimes even extreme or active challenges, lol) and so much more...oh, and i'm in love w/my gazelle : )
  • Normally 2 hours, 5 days a week and 1 hour on Saturday and I take Sunday off, Tuesday & Thursday is almost 3 because of spin class in the morning.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    I try to do 30 minutes
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Depends what I'm doing - an easy day is usually around 30 minutes. Long run days can get longer - an hour or more
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    45 to 60 minutes 6 days a week (elliptical, situps and walking)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I used to workout 20-30 minutes everyday (alternating between 20 minute workouts with 30 minute ones). Now I do 45-50 minute workouts with the Biggest Loser for Wii game on Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I'll do a 20 minute walkathome video on Mondays and Wednesdays. I give myself Friday off now. :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    1 hour of cardio 5-6 times a week and strength training 2-3 times a week half hour to an hour.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    At least 30 minutes a day, depending on what I'm doing. If I'm at class (Monday- cardio, Tues/Thurs- circuit training and Zumba), each class is 45 minutes, so that's 90 minutes on Tues/Thurs. Wednesday/Friday it's the gym, and that's usually 45-60 minutes. But if I'm pressed for time, it'll be 30. Then, whatever I can fit in on the weekends! Today it was 90 minutes of cardio and weights.
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    I usually do about 30-45 minutes of either cardio or weights...mostly cardio, I need to work on adding more strength training in. I found that I lose more weight doing 30-45 minutes then when I was doing 90-120 minutes.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    I do a 1/2 hour on the elliptical or bike then 45 mn to 1 hr of weights/squats/lunges etc.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I shoot for at least an hour, but I prefer about 70 minutes no less than 2x per week, but I shoot for 4-5x per week.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Depends on the kind of exercise but usually for cardio I do between 30 minutes to 60. And if I have more time I do more. I usually run, or use an elliptical, but i am currently trying out Jillian Michaels 30 day slim down workout regime.
This discussion has been closed.