Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stroganoff Burgers (324 Calories)

WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
I’m just going to have to say it - when it comes to burgers, I’m high maintenance. Number one, I love me a good burger. Number two, I will not eat a burger if it’s not going to be a good one. A really, really good one. And good burgers are hard to come by. Good burgers are few and far between.

Good burgers, to me, have important qualities:
1. They’re made with high quality ground beef.
2. The beef is seasoned before forming into patties.
3. They’re topped with several different ingredients—even unusual ones. A square of “pasturized process cheese food” just won’t do for me.

Okay, okay…I just pulled all of those above points out of thin air, but it’s all I could come up with on such short notice. Plus, I’m hungry. My major point is that I’m major-league when it comes to burgers. Go all or go home, however it goes.

And today, I’m going to show you my current favorite. The original is a PEACE LOVE & LOW CARB recipe, which I’ve revamped to be more calorie friendly.

Again, the original is a PEACE LOVE & LOW CARB recipe. I just wanted to put that out there again for those who have basically accused me of ripping recipes off the internet and calling them my own. :)

Stroganoff Burgers

PmbqDhP.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

16 oz. extra lean 96/4 ground beef
3 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
¼ cup light butter
2 tbsp. cooking sherry
1 small diced onion
6 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 cup beef stock
2 tbsp. beef bouillon granules
¾ cup light sour cream
¼ cup 2% milk

DIRECTIONS:

In a large mixing bowl, combine extra lean ground beef, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, one clove of minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Once the mixture is well incorporated, form into 4 even patties. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sear the patties, browning on both sides (for about 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove the patties from pan and set aside. Please note that the patties will NOT be fully cooked at this stage. To the same pan, add the light butter and cooking sherry. Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion, mushrooms, and the remainder of the minced garlic. Sauté until onions are caramelized and mushrooms are tender. Deglaze pan with beef stock. Use a spatula to scrape off and mix in any bits of onion and garlic that happened to stick to the bottom of the pan. Add beef bouillon granules and stir until dissolved. Stir light sour cream and 2% milk into the sauce. Add beef patties back to the sauce and let entire dish simmer, uncovered, on low for 10 minutes. Do not remove the patties early, as this stage fully cooks the beef. Enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (calculated using MFP’s Recipe Builder):

Servings: 4
Calories – 324
Protein – 29 g
Carbs – 14 g
Fat – 14 g

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    First you say you love good burgers, but then you end by saying to COOK THE BEEF COMPLETELY. This seems contradictory to me. Good beef should be merely warmed up.

I would eat the hell out of this burger.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    {fainted and fell out of chair}

This looks awesome. Mushroom and swiss burgers are my kryptonite.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    First you say you love good burgers, but then you end by saying to COOK THE BEEF COMPLETELY. This seems contradictory to me. Good beef should be merely warmed up.

And 96/4 ground beef? Nothing wrong with that, but when you're talking up your burger snobbery, I wouldn't expect super lean beef. Pics look good though.
  • WadeLam

I know, I know. It's just something about the incessant mooing that turns me off about undercooked beef. ;)
  • WadeLam

And 96/4 ground beef? Nothing wrong with that, but when you're talking up your burger snobbery, I wouldn't expect super lean beef. Pics look good though.
    Okay, you got me. If it's slapped between a toasted bun, topped with thick-sliced bacon and smothered with pepperjack, I need 85/15. But if it's cooked in sauce or gravy, I can get by with lean or extra lean. :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,838 Member
    Thanx for this tasty suggestion.

Love to "stroganoff" most any protein. We don't sense much difference between sour cream and a very well-drained (Greek-style) yogurt for this except that some yogurts can be a little too sour. We prefer drained non-fat yogurt to light sour cream -- although light sour cream may be less likely to curdle or separate with heat because of the added emulsifiers and thickeners it may contain.

Steak should be lightly warmed. Hamburger should be barely legal -- or, in some states, slightly illegal. :wink:

Oh, and instead of bouillon granules or cubes, I use the More than Gourmet demiglace pastes, veal/beef, chicken, and mushroom. I keep the one-pound containers in the fridge and they last at least a year after opening.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Looks good!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    This looks awesome, thanks OP.....
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Stop.. Just stop...... Talk about a drool fest. Absolutely love mushroom and Swiss and this just sends it through the roof. Remember, I told you when you open up that restaurant, I get the first table. Thank so much for sharing. Looks heavenly..
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Good beef should be merely warmed up.
    A burger that's not fully cooked sooooooooooooo grosses me out.

Blue rare steak? Yes please.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I’m just going to have to say it - when it comes to burgers, I’m high maintenance. Number one, I love me a good burger. Number two, I will not eat a burger if it’s not going to be a good one. A really, really good one. And good burgers are hard to come by. Good burgers are few and far between.

Good burgers, to me, have important qualities:
    1. They’re made with high quality ground beef.
    2. The beef is seasoned before forming into patties.
    3. They’re topped with several different ingredients—even unusual ones. A square of “pasturized process cheese food” just won’t do for me.

Okay, okay…I just pulled all of those above points out of thin air, but it’s all I could come up with on such short notice. Plus, I’m hungry. My major point is that I’m major-league when it comes to burgers. Go all or go home, however it goes.

And today, I’m going to show you my current favorite. The original is a PEACE LOVE & LOW CARB recipe, which I’ve revamped to be more calorie friendly.

Again, the original is a PEACE LOVE & LOW CARB recipe. I just wanted to put that out there again for those who have basically accused me of ripping recipes off the internet and calling them my own. :)

Stroganoff Burgers

PmbqDhP.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

16 oz. extra lean 96/4 ground beef
    3 tbsp. parsley
    2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
    3 cloves minced garlic
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    ½ tsp. salt
    ½ tsp. black pepper
    ¼ cup light butter
    2 tbsp. cooking sherry
    1 small diced onion
    6 oz. sliced mushrooms
    1 cup beef stock
    2 tbsp. beef bouillon granules
    ¾ cup light sour cream
    ¼ cup 2% milk

DIRECTIONS:

In a large mixing bowl, combine extra lean ground beef, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, one clove of minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Once the mixture is well incorporated, form into 4 even patties. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sear the patties, browning on both sides (for about 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove the patties from pan and set aside. Please note that the patties will NOT be fully cooked at this stage. To the same pan, add the light butter and cooking sherry. Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion, mushrooms, and the remainder of the minced garlic. Sauté until onions are caramelized and mushrooms are tender. Deglaze pan with beef stock. Use a spatula to scrape off and mix in any bits of onion and garlic that happened to stick to the bottom of the pan. Add beef bouillon granules and stir until dissolved. Stir light sour cream and 2% milk into the sauce. Add beef patties back to the sauce and let entire dish simmer, uncovered, on low for 10 minutes. Do not remove the patties early, as this stage fully cooks the beef. Enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (calculated using MFP’s Recipe Builder):

Servings: 4
    Calories – 324
    Protein – 29 g
    Carbs – 14 g
    Fat – 14 g

LOL I take it you don't actually cook burgers all that often? As others have pointed out medium well to well burgers, extra lean ground beef, no bun and preseasoning patties? Hmmm

I cook a lot of burgers too and really this is a disastrous recipe

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html
  • haliebest
    haliebest Posts: 17 Member
    Bump
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    OMG It looks incredible, thanks!
  • WadeLam
    LOL I take it you don't actually cook burgers all that often? As others have pointed out medium well to well burgers, extra lean ground beef, no bun and preseasoning patties? Hmmm

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html
    Acg67 - I always look forward to your reply. You're like one of those critics that just can't be satisfied, and somehow it just doesn't bother me. I made the recipe, cooked the beef to how I like it, and thought it was fantastic. See you next time. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

I know, I know. It's just something about the incessant mooing that turns me off about undercooked beef. ;)

I'm not interested if it's not trying to walk away.

ETA: :tongue: just in case anyone takes that too literally!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Acg67 - I always look forward to your reply. You're like one of those critics that just can't be satisfied, and somehow it just doesn't bother me. I made the recipe, cooked the beef to how I like it, and thought it was fantastic. See you next time. :)

You're right I'm just uber critical. I've been to a few burger cook offs, cooked burgers for others and eaten some of the supposed best burgers in the area according to various lists and the top complaints I always hear is man I wish this burger was just a little less juicy and they had used a leaner cut of beef, I wish this burger was cooked well instead of med rare and this burger would have really benefitted from being simmered and bunless. My bad, guess it is just me.
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    This looks delicious!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Looks great can't wait to make it. Thanks!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Yum! You did it again Wade.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Yummy !!!