Quest Bar Addiction.

Options
OK - I am seriously addicted to these things. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 a day but I'm finding it impossible. What is IN them - crack!?!?!? Among my favorites:

- White Chocolate Raspberry
- Double Chocolate Chunk
- Cookies & Cream
- Cinnamon Roll
- Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter & Jelly

MMMMM now I'm actually drooling. How am I supposed to succeed on my diet when all I can think about is these damn bars!??!!?

Anyone relate?!?!?!?

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into them like everyone seems to be... all I remember was the aftertaste and sore jaw I got after eating them. I could eat the thinkthin bars all day long though, that's my addiction.
  • xoxmariahxox
    Options
    I tried to get into them like everyone seems to be... all I remember was the aftertaste and sore jaw I got after eating them. I could eat the thinkthin bars all day long though, that's my addiction.

The first time I tried the Questbars I wasn't crazy about them. But by the time I finished my first box, I was hooked. Now, I'm on another level. I wake up in the middle of the night and sneak eat them. Like - I actually have a problem.

I will NOT try thinkthin bars - because I can't afford another bar addiction. Thanks for the heads up lol.
  • dojomax
    dojomax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel like this about the Power Crunch protein energy bars... man they just taste too good.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    lol I just got done eating a Quest bar. I always tell myself.....must.....not.....eat.....like....candy lol
  • KIZGNARR
    KIZGNARR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me toooo! I can't believe I read your topic and someone else is an addict... I love the coconut cashew and the vanilla almond crunch as well... I am glad I am not alone!! :)
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is my problem with Luna bars! Yum.
  • rudydtd
    rudydtd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On a company retreat I overheard someone just raving about Quest bars to the guy sitting next to him. I looked them up on my phone and decided to buy a box to see what the hype was about. That was one of the best health related decisions I've ever made. Like you, I have to limit myself or I'd eat them at every meal. Try microwaving them for 8 seconds. OMG!!!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm "addicted" to them, but they ARE good. Chocolate Brownie is the best one, followed by Cookies and Cream - actually, all of the "chocolate" based ones are good. The fruit ones are a hit or miss. (Apple Pie = yum. Lemon Creme = not so much.)

I wish they were just a little cheaper, though.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can't stop either! But the habit is getting expensive. Has anyone tried making their own? I've seen many recipes out there, but I don't know how feasible it would be to make a batch and take them to work. . .
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had 3 today and I have 74 of them downstairs.
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My tip... don't buy so many. When I have more than 10 kind of bars at home, I tend to end up getting really reliant on them. Need to eat more real food.

It happens so easy to me though too, so I understand
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm so obsessed with them lately! I've yet to find a flavor I don't love. No advice on rationing them though. I eat one at the end of the day as a treat, and I look forward to getting home to eat it ALL day.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I`m OBSESSED with brownies and they`re the only food that I had to ban completely because I can`t stop when I just eat one. Brownie Quest bars fill my cravings nicely. Now I want one :(:(
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have braces so finding protein bars that are not too chewy and hard are hard to find. I discovered quest bars from MFP message boards. Someone said they put theirs in the microwave and it tastes like a cookie! I decided to give them a try and I was hooked!! Putting them in the microwave makes them soft and easily chewable with my braces. They taste amazing and I get protein!!

Faves are
    brownie
    cookie dough
    double chocolate chunk
  • rachelilly
    Options
    I am now obsessed with double chocolate chunk. Trying to limit to 2 a day also. I love them more than any other food I eat right now! I enjoy chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie as well.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    As much as I hear people rave about them on MFP, I actually won't buy them because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to control myself! I've always had issues with that sort of thing.

Good luck with your addiction!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am freaking obsessed with these! I eat at least 2 a day! Had a coupon for 20% off from the vitamin shoppe and got 4 boxes including tax for $ 85!!! I figure I spent way more money eating out back in the day. I only eat out now 1 day a week.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time and I totally forgot about them until now. I just ordered a box off amazon haha I loooooove to cut them into three pieces and pop em in the oven for a few minutes. they bake like freakin cookies. throw some cool whip on em and youre set
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have 4 of them in my purse. Ya know, just in case. I love them. To be totally honest, though, I love ALL the chocolate ones. Cookies and cream is my absolute favorite. sooooooo tasty.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I like them.... they are a great substitute for the candy bar... plus love all that protein... BUT CHICKEN BREAST in the george forman...thats my addiction.