Quest Bar Addiction.

Options

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into them like everyone seems to be... all I remember was the aftertaste and sore jaw I got after eating them. I could eat the thinkthin bars all day long though, that's my addiction.

Gotta microwave them. Or put them in your pocket for a little while to warm them up before you eat them. I used to think they were like bricks, and warming them up a little bit helps.

I could eat like 5 a day if they were cheaper. I limit myself to 1 a day usually.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My husband and I agreed to give them up for this month. We were eating 2 to 4 of them a day between the two of us. That adds up really quickly. Plus we both realize they should be an occasional food.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    They're not hard to make actually for those, like me who have tried and and like them fine but are looking for a homemade version. Plus you can put whatever flavour you want in them and tailor them to your own taste :)

]69775866.png[/url]
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    lol I just got done eating a Quest bar. I always tell myself.....must.....not.....eat.....like....candy lol

I eat them just like candy..
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Love these!!
    And now I have to try these Thinkthin bars AND try microwaving the quest bars a smidge....that sounds so good....
    My favorite is cookies and cream.
    YUM!!
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My husband and I agreed to give them up for this month. We were eating 2 to 4 of them a day between the two of us. That adds up really quickly. Plus we both realize they should be an occasional food.

I had to give them up as well as Victory bars too. I was eating at least one a day and relying solely on them for my fiber intake. It becomes pricey, which if money is not an issue have a it. But I honestly did end up getting tired of the achy jaw after eating my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am freaking obsessed with these! I eat at least 2 a day! Had a coupon for 20% off from the vitamin shoppe and got 4 boxes including tax for $ 85!!! I figure I spent way more money eating out back in the day. I only eat out now 1 day a week.

I use the same reasoning. Yeah, I spend a LOT on these bars, but.....I could spend the same amount in a restaurant easily.
    I would rather something healthy and costly.
    I used to spend way more on junk food and fast food than I do on these.

I do limit to 1 a day though.
  • llamajenn
    llamajenn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive habit.... I think my all-time high was 3 in a day once. Lately I only have 1/day. Cookies & cream and coconut cashew are my favorites.
  • nickle2dime
    nickle2dime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them! I always have one in my purse. I try to limit to one a day. I'm not always successful. Yesterday it was 100+ degrees here and I threw my purse in the trunk while I went in to my exercise class. When I came out I ate the bar that was in my purse and it was the best one I've had yet! The warmth and the soft melt made it like a freaking dessert! I see why everyone raves about microwaving them! I don't own a microwave so I hadn't tried that. Now that I know how good they are warm, I think i'll store them in my hot garage!

I already had one for breakfast. I'll be wanting another ALL day! They are definitely like crack! My least favorite flavors are chocolate based. I should probably warm a brownie one up though. I suspect that would make it better.

Cookies & Cream might be my favorite. I'll get back to you on that when I've had a few dozen more.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    himym-intervention.jpg
  • desjham
    desjham Posts: 18
    Options
    Soooo addicted to these! I look forward to eating one everyday! But sometimes its hard deciding which one I want because I limit myself to one! (They're just so expensive and I was going into the Vitamin Shoppe too much.... haha)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I found some at Popeyes Fitness after hearing people on this site raving about them. On the advice of the guy in Popeyes, I left my first one on the dashboard of my car in the sun. OMG, I ate that thing like a wild animal lol. Now if i take one for lunch I leave it in the sun and it is perfect by the time I get to eat. I haven't decided which one I like the most - more research is required!

edited because I was thinking more about Quest bars than typing
  • nickle2dime
    nickle2dime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I left my first one on the dashboard of my car in the sun. OMG, I ate that thing like a wild animal lol.

That seriously cracked me up! lol. I did the same thing.

I have one left. The Banana Nut Muffin. It is going in my hot car RIGHT NOW!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm personally responsible for getting like 4 other people hooked on them. I eat one every day! Someone in another quest bar post mentioned putting one in the toaster oven... SO GOOD. They replaced granola bars for me and have really helped me hit my protein goals. Cookies and cream is my current fave. mmmmm
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am now obsessed with double chocolate chunk. Trying to limit to 2 a day also. I love them more than any other food I eat right now! I enjoy chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie as well.

I know. People are like Chocolate Brownie this and Chocolate Brownie that but Double Chocolate Chunk... whoa!
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    2 or 3 a day?? That's 600 calories I'd rather spend on spaghetti and meatballs or a burger or something. Sheesh! I will concede that quest bars are ok, especially if you're on the go or whatever, but they're not so yummy that I'd willingly eat multiple of them a day in place of other more delicious stuff.

I tried the cookies and cream one the other day and it was ok. I got a free brownie one so I'll probably eat it at work today
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    All that fiber has got to be doing a number on your plumbing. 64 grams per day is a lot.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I'm eating a vanilla almond crush at the moment. I am OBSESSED. My friend gifted me a variety box and you would think I had just hit the lottery. Love them so much!!!!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    So... I'm eating an apple pie QB Wow. It's a dream come true.
  • tannie64
    tannie64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't get it I found them to be dry and tasteless. Did I get bad ones or what? I tried a few different flavors and though are you kidding for the price of these they should taste a whole lot better.