smoothie recipies

Options
Does anyone have any yummy fruit smoothie recipies. I made one today out of a slimfast shake, some frozen berries (raspberries and strawberries) and some ice. It's ok, but I wouldn't kill for another. Was wondering if anyone has some other ideas to use as the base that tastes better than slim fast but with low calories. Thanks!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any yummy fruit smoothie recipies. I made one today out of a slimfast shake, some frozen berries (raspberries and strawberries) and some ice. It's ok, but I wouldn't kill for another. Was wondering if anyone has some other ideas to use as the base that tastes better than slim fast but with low calories. Thanks!
  • juliet8887
    juliet8887 Posts: 18
    Options
    You could use Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt. I used to do that, with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream too - delicious.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cold bananas, yogurt, ice, skim milk; instant coffee; chocolate;

Best Life diet has some great recipes :drinker:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    concord foods make some good ones, they come in packets near the fruit in the grocery store.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    My 2 favourites are:

1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup frozen peach slices
    1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup of skim milk or 100%peach juice

OR

3/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/4 cup sliced banana
    1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup orange juice

I really just play around with whatever I have. If you have some, try adding fresh spinach to berry smoothies, you really can't even taste it and it's SO good for you. :drinker: