1 Day of Going Over Calories A LOT

Options
124»

Replies

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow, this post totally made me feel better about having birthday cake 3 of the past 5 days.

I will have to chime in on the "I worry about your relationship to healthy eating" and "You may have a slight drinking problem" bandwagons....BUT since you are an adult, I leave you to it.

Best of luck, and thanks again for letting me off the hook with this weekend's birthday celebrations!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    So i was logging all the food i planned on eating today between football and nascar, and the calories were pretty high.

I've heard before that overeating takes a few days of consistent high calories to make a difference, and 1 day of excess calories wont all go to fat stores some will essentially just pass right through as your body can only do so much during digestion.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience with a day of gluttony (and i mean EXCESSIVE not like 1000 over) and what thoughts were on the effect of it...

Diary is open if anyone wants an idea of the overage im talking about too...

if it only happens every once in while then I chalk it up to life and reefed day. I swear when I tend to splurge after being so restrictive my body likes it for some reason and I still lose. So I call it a reefed day. Don't beat yourself up too bad just take it as a life lesson in why preplanning and snack packing will help you in the future. Just go work it off, you will be okay. :flowerforyou: :drinker: edit: whats the worst that can happen? you might maintain this week... slow and steady wins the race anyways.
    No it would not be a refeed. Don't be one of those people that binge or gorge and try and justify it by calling it a refeed. A refeed is well structured and has to be properly executed. There is plenty of info out there on them if you really want to know.

then call it a s-hit happens day and move on, I don't care what you call it as long as you don't let it make you fall off the wagon. Life happens we aren't perfect.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    then call it a s-hit happens day and move on, I don't care what you call it as long as you don't let it make you fall off the wagon. Life happens we aren't perfect.
    Agreed except OP hasn't really been ON the wagon.

It's fine if it's really a "what's a macro" day or affectionately in my world "fattycake day"

But it seems to be over eating happens more often than not. in which case- not success.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This was pre planned and thought out. So we can call it what it really might be:

1. Finding humor in eating as much stuff as possible for no reason.

Or

2. An elaborate troll
    I'd call it letting your hair down to live a little.
    It could be a troll, but I used to do the same thing : get drunk and then order a ridiculous amount of take-out.

I wouldn't do apple-rita and lite beer though. Haven't done this in a long time, but the typical battle plan was a six-pack of good Belgian or Czech beer to get the party started, 6-12 beck's to keep it going, a pack of chips or something to munch on and an order of fried won tons and large entree for afterwards.

Just logged it for kicks : 6000 calories. OP's kicking my *kitten*, but not by much.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That right there is a problem. Weight loss consideration aside. Drinking to that extent and being ok with where you are planning ahead is a serious problem. You may want to agree with me or not but regardless, that's a drinking problem. You will pay for that in the long run.

Actually i don't really consider it a drinking problem, i have no trouble drinking...it's more of a stopping problem with me... :-)

As someone who has alcoholism in their family...

I am seriously worried about this statement.

This is exactly what kind of logic the alcoholics in my family use.

It's totally okay, i'm not an alcoholic, i'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    the final total was 9961 calories! Kept it under 10K...

So what was the damage weight wise?

When i finally weighed on tuesday i was up 8lbs from friday...Water weight right?
  • longtimeterp
    Options

Agreed except OP hasn't really been ON the wagon.

Since mid july i'm down 15lbs (was 20 before that weekend), so i must be somewhat on the wagon?
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    OH NOOOO...this saturday is looking around 11000 cals...eeeeekkkkk stupid holiday!
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Last Thursday I ate 1,2000cal(my budget) +brownies+fried chicken+rice+chicken nuggets+fries. I did gain about 2lbs but my weight went back down after one or two days of eating normally. One day of overeating won't kill you.
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Last Thursday I ate 1,2000cal(my budget) +brownies+fried chicken+rice+chicken nuggets+fries. I did gain about 2lbs but my weight went back down after one or two days of eating normally. One day of overeating won't kill you.

wait...your calorie budget is 12000 and you ate all that extra, or did you mean 1200 + extra lol
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have, as a binge eater, it is unexpected and has no rhyme or reason. I gained but quickly lost as I stayed on track and tried to ignore my binge. I also remind myself (until I can get help) how horrid the binge feels in my stomach/intestines. I am not even hungry when I binge eat. So it has to be a way to forget something, but what?
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OH NOOOO...this saturday is looking around 11000 cals...eeeeekkkkk stupid holiday!
    Well it's not the holidays fault you want to eat and drink so much. :huh:
    11,000 calories in one day just because it's a holiday......what will be next weekends excuse??
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I don't think you're taking that weight loss thing very seriously. You're pretty good at finding excuses to piggy out, frankly.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Why light beer? lol

You will be fine just add in some extra cardio this week.

i'm actually allergic to the GHT found in most light beers, which is why i drink Miller LITE! And it not only tastes great, but it's less filling too. And it has almost a g of protein in every can. Why would anyone drink anything else?

Because we like to drink beer, not weird flavoured water.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but the amount of sodium you're consuming is really bad

How so?