Arewethereyet is finally THERE!!!! WOOT!

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations =-) I remember you on the 'black team' biggest loser challenge back in 2008/2009. (My user Id then was punka274)

Your an inspiration and ^5's on your success!!

HI!! We are still around, it is just a private group now. How have you been? I loved the BL challenges.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ZuV1Dyn.jpg

Reported for using the word "awesome"

You look like you could use a hug {{{{taunto}}}}}
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    ZuV1Dyn.jpg

In!!!

calvin-hobbes-hug.jpg
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I read your story with interest, but then stopped halfway through, when I got here:
    Please listen to this...........those of you who think you cant do this without running 5 miles or doing P90X every day front to back...I walked to the STOP SIGN that first day. I was so out of breath and only 45 yrs old! What the WHAT???? :grumble:

Little by little I went further and further. One day I stopped by a 100 push up challenge thread to cheer the girls on. I received a note back "You can do ONE! Try it" So I did. I started on the wall, moved to the end of the bed, down to a stair and then my first full out push up! Did it take a month? Yup. Did I do it? You betcha!

These two paragraphs reminded me of where I was at the beginning, and stopped me from putting off today's strength session.

With my workout now done, a huge round of applause to you for your achievement, and many thanks to you for getting me up to do my workout today. People like you inspire me here every single day!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!!
    MFP is and has been the very thing that helped me change my life. The support here is like no other!!! Are we there yet, there is no limit to what you can achieve,you are such an inspiration!!!!!
    Xoxox
    I read your story with interest, but then stopped halfway through, when I got here:
    Please listen to this...........those of you who think you cant do this without running 5 miles or doing P90X every day front to back...I walked to the STOP SIGN that first day. I was so out of breath and only 45 yrs old! What the WHAT???? :grumble:

Little by little I went further and further. One day I stopped by a 100 push up challenge thread to cheer the girls on. I received a note back "You can do ONE! Try it" So I did. I started on the wall, moved to the end of the bed, down to a stair and then my first full out push up! Did it take a month? Yup. Did I do it? You betcha!

These two paragraphs reminded me of where I was at the beginning, and stopped me from putting off today's strength session.

With my workout now done, a huge round of applause to you for your achievement, and many thanks to you for getting me up to do my workout today. People like you inspire me here every single day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ZuV1Dyn.jpg

In!!!

calvin-hobbes-hug.jpg

my fav :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

This made me :cry: but in a good way! How many times I have been in your shoes and one of my friends here has inspired me.

Over the past 6 months it has been to eat. Subtle and not so subtle reminders that 800 calories is NOT ok!

and a huge WOOT!!! to your for achieving so much! :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Love this!!!!!
    MFP is and has been the very thing that helped me change my life. The support here is like no other!!! Are we there yet, there is no limit to what you can achieve,you are such an inspiration!!!!!
    Xoxox

Thank you my friend. I love my MFP friends
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you look amazing!!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Looking forward to an update in the fitspiration thread!

Thanks for reminding me ;)

I will have to get my daughter to take pics of me lifting weights or doing a push up. Hmmmmm ideas are going thru my head now! :flowerforyou:
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    This made me :cry: but in a good way! How many times I have been in your shoes and one of my friends here has inspired me.

Over the past 6 months it has been to eat. Subtle and not so subtle reminders that 800 calories is NOT ok!

Thanks!

I realised not long ago the being on MFP is the reason why I have succeeded this year, versus failing in years passed:
    1) due to the discipline of calorie counting
    2) due to the support of MFP friends
    3) the great accomplishments such as yours inspiring me to stay committed
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Thanks!

I realised not long ago the being on MFP is the reason why I have succeeded this year, versus failing in years passed:
    1) due to the discipline of calorie counting
    2) due to the support of MFP friends
    3) the great accomplishments such as yours inspiring me to stay committed

I feel exactly the same way. There is no way I would have continued without MFP. I have tried over the years. Lost 10 and gained 20. Over and over again.

I truly believe the community here is key. I learn something new each day.

Back when I first started I was a member (still am) of the Black Team mentioned above. There are still times I "hear" Katidid's voice in my ear telling me to take the stairs.

Simple small changes make all the difference
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And bravo!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey you! :)

Very nice to hear the good news. Can we celebrate with pizza, please?

Most certainly. And ice cream? :drool:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. IF not for YOU I would not be here. Again today an MFP friend put me back on the straight and hopefully still narrow :laugh:

:love:
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    AWTY, you look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    H-AWTY!! WTG!! Wonderful job, and so impressed that you have persevered through so much and surpassed even your own goals!
    So happy for you and inspired to keep going!
    :love: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! Hawty made me LMAO!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!