Hello all

Options
cronus70
cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
Thought i would take a few minutes to introduce myself to you fellow MFP users, been sing the app for about a month now but never realised their was an actual online forum till yesterday.

Anyway, my names Mark, 44 and i live in Blackpool in the UK. I've been steadily gaining weight for the past 20 years, compounded about 10 years ago when we had the first of our 2 children.
At my heaviest in January this year i was 18 and half stone (i'm old fashioned and still use 'stone', 'feet' and 'inches' etc but it's approx 118Kg or 260Lb).
Decided this year to really make the effort to do something about my weight not just for myself but also for my children and until recently had been using a Weight Watchers based app which i've had good success with, i then discovered the MFP app and the functionality of it is far superior to my other app so have been steadily migrating over to it.

So far since January i have lost about 3 and a half stone and i'm now 15.6 stone (99Kg, 218Lb), still a ways to go but with a reasonably healthy calorie controlled diet and an average of 40 minutes a day on my rowing machine i'm slowly chipping away at the fat.....and i love the fact i've swapped my XXL clothing for Large.

Any comments or questions welcomed, i've made my diary public as well for those that like being nosey :p

:)

Replies

• LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    welcome to MFP online. i didn't care for the app. I could never get it to sync with online and it was kind of sluggish in responding anyway. Hope you will post often.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making a change! Nice progress. It is so rewarding to move to smaller clothes. Add me if you are looking for friends!