I'm still losing weight but don't want to!

Options
13»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    What about bagged nuts from the supermarket? I assumed they would be bad
    Why? What would make bagged nuts bad?
    Nuts have healthy fat.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Any chance you can do dumbbell exercises on your back or sitting up? That would help replace and tone the muscles in your upper body, and having some toned pecs would help make the girls a bit perkier.
    I don't have pecs I'm a women
    Trust me, you've got pecs -- they're just under your boobs (guess the term "girls" to refer to boobs never made it across the pond).
    I think most people would find using "girls" rather infantile and offensive
    It's slang, but not offensive like "ta-ta's" or "bazingas" or "hooters" or "tits" or any number of other things I could come up with.

• ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I don't really want to make it public & I don't have pecs I'm a women lol!

Trust me, you've got pecs -- they're just under your boobs (guess the term "girls" to refer to boobs never made it across the pond).

Since I'm limited to generalities here, I'd say cut out the diet food (skim milk, "lite" this and that) and take it from there. Or just be patient and wait to get clearance to exercise; I suspect a lot of your recent weight loss is due to muscle wastage from inactivity...no real point in replacing the lost muscle with fat.

Thank you for saying she has pecs... virtually everyone who has arms/shoulders has pecs!!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I have now upped it again and it's now over 2,000 calories! Since I've lost weight I can't eat as much! Should I add in a few more 'naughty' things into the mix?x

Over 2000 calories isn't really loads to be honest... Stop thinking of things as 'naughty' and look to hit your cals and macros and it'll probably be easier.

^^^^^ THIS

A tablespoon of natural DELISH peanut butter is calorie dense with healthy fat - not much volume : )

Resistance Training with focus on body recomposition. I've had a pretty serious knee surgery - March 2011. Since then I've been way more active than I've ever been. So ... you can certainly do quite a LOT post-knee surgery.

Eat more. Focus on whole foods - nutrient dense - calorie dense if you are truly having issues with "volume" of food. Resistance Training. Don't make any food "naughty" or forbidden. Focus on getting in good protein, vegetables & fruit, healthy fats from whole foods (nuts, seeds, natural nut butters, avocado for example), whole "rustic - you gotta cook them to eat them" grains to round it all out. Make sure to include treats within your LIFESTYLE eating plan. Example: you can indeed have your cake and eat it too - just maybe not the WHOLE cake frequently.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I didn't see where you mentioned exactly when you had the knee surgery.

At any rate, if its been within the past few months... you are still healing and need that increased protein intake. Healing requires an increased metabolic demand, and a healthy person on bed rest still loses 3-4% muscle mass per day.

Best wishes to you!
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post so be gentle with me lol! September 9th 2013 I was 17st6, I had to lose weight for a knee op and lost 7st6 to be 10stone and I managed that by the end of May. I managed to maintain it well, lost a little after my op as couldn't keep food down. So then once I could eat again properly I upped my calories and eating more logging everything but I am now at 9st6 and wanna get back to 10 (never thought I'd want I gain lol). My chest area is more boney now and I hate it plus my boobs look horrible (was 38f now 32d). I'm not exercising either as the operation I had was on my knee and I can't do much atm as my nerves are messing about.
    Can anyone help or have any suggestions? Thanks, Gemma x

Way to go hope it all evens itself out soon for u
  • thecheekygemstar
    Options
    For those asking about my knee op, I had my medical plica partially removed, my nerves rerouted and the joint cleaned out or what's left of it! I have severe arthritis to the point that's it's worn away my cartilage! The next step is a replacement. I'm on a lot of meds atm, I'm on cocodamol, tramadol, naproxen, & oral morphine & gabapentin for my nerve pain! I can still only light weight bere for a very short period of time, it's so frustrating.

Sorry if I sounded dumb asking about nuts, I wasn't sure if the ones you get in supermarkets like kp, nobbys etc would be bad for you. I am careful with what I eat but am allowing what I term naughty treats, I call them that as I don't want to go back to eating them willynilly like before and having around 2000 calories a day.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice x
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Looks incredibly low protein to me. If you need more cals, that would be the first choice.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Now you need to maintain your weight. Following tips may help you to maintain your weight:
    Choose to eat good, healthy food, but don't start fatty foods again.
    Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
    Sit less and move more.
    Limit alcohol intake.
    Go for healthy snacks.
  • thecheekygemstar
    Options
    Now you need to maintain your weight. Following tips may help you to maintain your weight:
    Sit less and move more.
    Limit alcohol intake.
    Go for healthy snacks.

I am eating sensibly, I drink a lot of water and the occasional fizzy or flavoured water
    I am limited with my movement atm due to my op recovery. I can't have alcohol anyway due to my meds and before then I didn't drink much anyway. Snack wise I go for fruit, granola bars and sunbite crisps.
  • thecheekygemstar
    Options
    [/quote]
    Way to go hope it all evens itself out soon for u
    [/quote]

Thank you, was able to maintain since may 28th no problem but lost the 6lbs from 24th July - 8th august due to sickness from op, my meds & lack of appetite (had that with all my ops). It's now just trying to get back up from 9st6 to 10st x
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to make it public & I don't have pecs I'm a women lol!

Since I'm limited to generalities here, I'd say cut out the diet food (skim milk, "lite" this and that) and take it from there. Or just be patient and wait to get clearance to exercise; I suspect a lot of your recent weight loss is due to muscle wastage from inactivity...no real point in replacing the lost muscle with fat.

Thank you for saying she has pecs... virtually everyone who has arms/shoulders has pecs!!

We all have muscle, some of us just bury it under the blubber :P
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sit less and move more.
    Limit alcohol intake.
    Go for healthy snacks.

There is nothing wrong with food with fat.
    The OP is trying to gain some weight back, I fail to see how your post is addressing that.