I've been here 2.5 years and have lost 124 pounds

Options

Replies

• Female_On_Fire
    Female_On_Fire Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story with us! You look amazing!!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Love your pictures. Appreciate your honesty.
  • urwhaturnot
    urwhaturnot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great.
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing!! You look wonderful and think of all the positive impact you made for your daughter! :) Congratulations you are definitely inspiration!
  • Terrin41
    Terrin41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and very inspiring how you didn't give up throughout your journey! You must be so proud!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow AMAZING!! And I luv the pic of you and your daughter in your "before" clothes. That pic really makes a statement!

GO YOU!!
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have an excellent mentality about weight loss. Thanks for a dose of inspiration!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Good job! Congrats! Inspiring, thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that I'm starting (again) TODAY, went to the health club this morning (which I also can't really afford), logged onto myfitness pal again TODAY to begin my program and here I am sitting here wondering if I am just setting myself up for failure again, or if it will be different this time. Then I come over to community to check it out and read YOUR story. I weigh 309 lbs and want to lose 121 lbs! Thanks for the inspiration that it can be done. I love your humility too.

:) I just wanted to reach out to you and to encourage you. I remember sitting on the exercise bike at the gym, with tears running down my face, saying prayers of thanks that I was sweating so much that no one would be able to tell I was crying. It wasn't that it hurt, but just that making changes is SUCH A MENTAL THING!! It was hard to make changes, but trying to wrap my brain around becoming a new... or evolving... or different person: that's where the rubber met the road. Especially when you are really big, you can make mistakes on your food choices, stay under maintenance, and still lose weight. (Not as fast, but it still comes off.) But the stress of evolving into someone different on the outside, while staying the same on the inside is complicated.

And you know what... the scale always starts moving again. It defies time, space and science sometimes, but it moves.

That's where being a not-stopper comes in!

Just don't quit.

Shannon

Such great words of encouragement. I hope she came back to read them.

But what I really liked..."saying prayers of thanks that I was sweating so much that no one would be able to tell I was crying." Sometimes it's the "little" things that can mean soooo much.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Your post is very inspiring, thank you for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on your weight loss! :flowerforyou:

The pic of your daughter & you is hilarious!!! :laugh: I love it!:laugh:
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options

So when you hit that plateau for 2 months, it doesn't matter because you are going to do the same thing whether the scale moves or not... just because it is the healthy thing to do!!

This is the best advice I've seen on mfp. Or maybe ever. It's a mental challenge, keep doing what you know is right, even if you don't see the results right away. I will continue to remind myself of this. Health is my first priority, looking good is just a nice benefit. I really love your attitude!
  • fluffynella
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You look wonderful :smile:
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All hail the "not-stopper".
    Well done.
    Great mindset and great achievement.
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome!!

I am really wish I had saved just one set of my 'old' clothes :happy:
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I really needed to hear this today. I'm going to be a not-stopper too!!!!!!!!!!
  • hmacgr
    hmacgr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! You look soo happy!!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's amazing :flowerforyou:
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Totally Awesome! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Btw.How did you post the pics?
    There's a sticky under the "success stories" forum about posting pictures.
    Very easy to follow.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1041112-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-tutorial-with-pics
    Good luck!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Everything that's already been said:
    amazing, inspirational, love the picture of the 2 of you in your old clothes...
    And I love your phrase "not-stopper".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!