• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    whats BMing mean?
    BM = bowel movement. :blushing:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    there are tons of food/drink options. i would stick with those.

laxatives really aren't the best alternative. :noway:

considering i have ibs-constipation....... i go through this quite often :sad:
    but as long as i have 20-25 grams of fiber a day and lots of water i'm a happy camper.
    but for those roller coaster moments (stress, holidays, travel)

raisin brain, flaxseed, oranges, prunes, green tea/black tea, apples, apple juice/applesauce, beans (black preferably), mangos, oatmeal, benefiber drink packets (love these for when i'm traveling), fruits and veggies!

also, something i tried recently when i was trying to get over eating at thanksgiving was....
    hot water and 2 TBS of honey. it worked very well for me.

good luck and remember to drink lots of water and get in your daily amount of fiber :flowerforyou:
    oh yes and beware of starches, sugars and cheese!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    umm, WOW!! Fiber maybe. I guess you can ask anything on this website.. I LOVE IT!!!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Question - have you just not pooped in 4 days and feel ok, or do you feel like you NEED to poop and can't? If it's the second one, take a laxative.

I have periods where I go "4 days on, 4 days off" as everyone in my family calls it. I won't poop for 4 days, but I don't feel like I need to either. Then after the 4 days, I just go and go and go all the time. It's normal for me. My body is crazy, I know lol.

I'm pretty much like this too! I feel so relieved because I'm like OMG I cleaned myself out....then another few days go by with nothing....it is really disappointing. I've never been regula0r (except one time when I really took up smoking and smoked a cigarette every morning getting ready for school-I would smoke it while pooping).

And question for those who have gas.....when I am slightly regular, going for a few days in a row (or even if I just go one day) I am SOOOOO GASEY before. Is that a sign of a medical problem?
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Weirdly enough, if I go out to happy hour and ONE BEER, I'm in the bathroom all night. I do this on purpose sometimes :laugh:
  • Zonales
    Options
    Eat fruit like an apple or grapes anything that is a fruit but mainly apples or an grapes now if you don't wanna be on the toilet all night i suggest you to eat 1 or 2 apples or 1 batch of grapes. Then drink one bottle of water after that you would want to sit in one spot so it can adjust inside your body then an hour later or 30 minutes you will be on the toilet and if you keep this up you won't have to be worried about not being able to go to the bathroom
  • ineedacarrot
    ineedacarrot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got one word for you, smoothmove! It is a tea that is in the health food section of most grocery stores. Drink it at night and in the morning you will be thanking smoothmove tea! Another tea that works well is called dieters tea. Both teas have mild laxatives in them. The best part is that they won't cramp you up and it is caffeine free so if you drink it at night you will still be able to sleep. Good luck!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A tall glass of prune juice.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Miralax is pretty great; it's not a stimulant laxative and has no real side effects.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    - butt secks
    - dieters tea
    - bag of dried apricots
    - tequila
    - more apples or apple juice
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Go get a happy meal from McDonalds. Cleans me out every time lol

It's been almost a week. I hope you pooped!
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed/fast foods.Eat fruits,vegetables and lean protein.Have some oats with flax seeds and drink lots of water.Good Luck!:)
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's been nearly two years. I hope you pooped.
  • mama040506
    Options
    I drink Shakeology everyday so I don't have this problem, but make sure you get in plenty of fiber and staying active helps too! Are you on any medications that constipation would be a side effect?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA omg I didn't check the date of the post... this is hilarious.. I'm envisioning her so full of *kitten* that she can't move her arms... lol
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? You'd rather get busy than poop? Wow... I must be getting old.

Try any tea with senna root in it... but make it weak until you know how sensitive you are to it!
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go every 3-4 days even though the majority of my diet consists of fresh fruit and vegetables. My doctor says that every three days is still within the range of normal, so I don't start worrying until day 5. Honestly, I probably wouldn't call my doctor until day 6 or 7. All these people that are freaking out over 4 measly days are probably 3 times a day poopers. Frequent poopers never understand the schedule of the infrequent pooper and they always think that we are going to die any minute.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA omg I didn't check the date of the post... this is hilarious.. I'm envisioning her so full of *kitten* that she can't move her arms... lol

I guess our first poster from 2012 must've been searching for a remedy? This was quite the time capsule nugget. poop nugget.