Does anyone feel like giving up counting calories

124»

Replies

• ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    I feel like that all the time, but then I think about how it has helped me and the fact that I feel much better with the weight loss and I "suck it up" but I definitely miss the days when I could eat the whole cake and not just a reasonable portion
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yes and that's why sometimes I have days when I go over.

But I don't want it so much that I'm willing to get obese again. It's a choice, and some days it's easier than others... what matters is that even if you give up one day, you get back on track the next.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Nope, because I hate being fat. I really do. Being unhealthy is no fun and having to buy new clothes in bigger sizes burns holes in my pocket. Personally, I hate making eating into a recreational activity (eating due to boredom) or using it as a coping mechanism. In order to experience long-term happiness, you have to deal with short-term unpleasantness. Counting calories works. Plus, it allows me to see what I'm eating, when I am eating, and examine why I am eating. If you don't allow it to be a measuring stick for your self worth, it is actually kind of fun, especially if you like data.

Don't give up. Think about where you have been. Think about where you want to be. Do you want to be maintaining a healthy weight 5 years from now or do you want to feel worse than however you felt when you decided to start losing weight?

There are too many benefits to being at a healthy weight and physically fit. Too many.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    I hear ya. I'm coming back from a 4 week hiatus, I needed a break, but I'm so ready to be back!