Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I do similar...135 x 10, ATG

Right around 205 is where I start having issues w/ ATG
    My hips give me fits

I have the same problem. I start doing the machine where you open and close your legs. LIke the buttery crap they used to sell back in the day. I also make sure to stretch before squats. That might help.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I do similar...135 x 10, ATG

Right around 205 is where I start having issues w/ ATG
    My hips give me fits

I have the same problem. I start doing the machine where you open and close your legs. LIke the buttery crap they used to sell back in the day. I also make sure to stretch before squats. That might help.

That is what I have been trying to do before squats....warm up a bit to get the hips to loosen up.
    I do the incline sled machine (can't think of what it is called).....so I can put a 45# plate on both sides....and slide up and down that for 3 sets of 10.....
    it helps....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with light weights- I find myself really forward- so I warm up bar only
    then with 95 pounds.

Technically my first set is 1 x 5 @ 115 usually- but it still feels like a warm up- I do a whole hip opening drill between 95 and 115- modified it from K-Starlett- it's really helpful. I might can video for you if you need some ideas- it really helps me.

I have the same issue of losing the ATG bit once I get above 200- but I don't do many working sets above 200- right now I think 180-205 is working high range.

It's the down side of Sheiko- I don't spend ANY time under heavy weights. Which I think is hurting me in terms of going up- but it's done afuggingmazing things for getting more depth at heavier weights. No jokes.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I have a hard time with light weights- I find myself really forward- so I warm up bar only
    then with 95 pounds.

Technically my first set is 1 x 5 @ 115 usually- but it still feels like a warm up- I do a whole hip opening drill between 95 and 115- modified it from K-Starlett- it's really helpful. I might can video for you if you need some ideas- it really helps me.

I have the same issue of losing the ATG bit once I get above 200- but I don't do many working sets above 200- right now I think 180-205 is working high range.

It's the down side of Sheiko- I don't spend ANY time under heavy weights. Which I think is hurting me in terms of going up- but it's done afuggingmazing things for getting more depth at heavier weights. No jokes.

If I do a light weight warm up, like bar only....then to force myself to keep proper form, I do it front squat style.....and do 2 sets with high reps before I put 45s on and go to back squats.
    I wish I could do front squats over 100 lbs, but it kills my wrists
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    then with 95 pounds.

If I do a light weight warm up, like bar only....then to force myself to keep proper form, I do it front squat style.....and do 2 sets with high reps before I put 45s on and go to back squats.
    I wish I could do front squats over 100 lbs, but it kills my wrists

Yeah that wrist flexibility takes time to develop. I'm not all the way there myself.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    tell me about it. :grumble: :grumble: :cry: :cry:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    are you doing the bent over version? (fingers back and under the bar)

I have a broken left wrist- I can only do like 2-3 reps that way- I do cross in front- it's not as good b/c of the lat spread issues-and it's really easy to roll forward but it saves my wrist and it makes it a real clean front squat- you MUST keep your chest up- nothing is really stopping the bar from rolling forward otherwise. You can get away with a lot more on the bent wrist/fingers under than you can with the front cross method.

Mity you should be able to do more than 100 front squat- I can do 135- it's ugly but I can do it... you should be able to work that in somehow. LOL
  • MityMax96
    Options
    are you doing the bent over version? (fingers back and under the bar)

I have a broken left wrist- I can only do like 2-3 reps that way- I do cross in front- it's not as good b/c of the lat spread issues-and it's really easy to roll forward but it saves my wrist and it makes it a real clean front squat- you MUST keep your chest up- nothing is really stopping the bar from rolling forward otherwise. You can get away with a lot more on the bent wrist/fingers under than you can with the front cross method.

Mity you should be able to do more than 100 front squat- I can do 135- it's ugly but I can do it... you should be able to work that in somehow. LOL

Right doing the fingers under the bar.....
    I have not perfected the across the chest method yet.....because of the roll forward it does on me.....still working it.

If it didn't hurt/kill my wrists, then I would do 135 or more.....but once I go over 100lbs.....it freaking KILLS.....
    Which sux, cause I have enjoyed doing them.

The other thing I try to do....and kinda helps...but still not great.
    Is take my wrist straps and wrap around the bar, then use them as handles....sorta speak....
    But still not ideal
  • JoRocka
    Options
    that's actually a better way to do it (watched a cool video on it) because it keeps your back/lats/shoulders less splayed out.

But I am not comfortable with it.

Really you shouldn't have your fingers wedged under the bar- they are just there to keep it rolling forward- they shouldn't be getting squished- pressure should be the same for 100 as 135. herm interesting.

Other option- and it's a really REALLY sh*tty option- no hands.

I usually do lower weight full high rep pause squats at the end of my front squat set this way- it's brutal.

Arms are out in front- elbows up (I usually look like to goal posts- so there is 90* angle at the elbow) and you are just arms up- and the bar just sits on the delts.

but it takes away the need for elbow and wrist strain!!!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    that's actually a better way to do it (watched a cool video on it) because it keeps your back/lats/shoulders less splayed out.

But I am not comfortable with it.

Really you shouldn't have your fingers wedged under the bar- they are just there to keep it rolling forward- they shouldn't be getting squished- pressure should be the same for 100 as 135. herm interesting.

Other option- and it's a really REALLY sh*tty option- no hands.

I usually do lower weight full high rep pause squats at the end of my front squat set this way- it's brutal.

Arms are out in front- elbows up (I usually look like to goal posts- so there is 90* angle at the elbow) and you are just arms up- and the bar just sits on the delts.

but it takes away the need for elbow and wrist strain!!!

I though we need the wrist flexibility for those hard to reach places. I actually do wrist curls too. It does help with not having my wrist bend during heavy bench press.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I need to do more practice with them....
    and really work on keeping my chest high and not lean forward......
    Just so awkward...:laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I though we need the wrist flexibility for those hard to reach places. I actually do wrist curls too. It does help with not having my wrist bend during heavy bench press.

snicker... I do a lot of wrist work via dance- and I play finger cymbals - I don't need more work-I just work around it!!! work harder not smarter and all.
  • kvanuden01
    Options
    I have coached someone to drop his body fat from 21% to 5.7%.
    All while gaining 35lbs of lean mass in just 4 months. He has seen amazing
    Strength results in all lifting.
  • MityMax96
    Options

So almost 9 lbs of Lean Muscle / month????

:huh: :huh: :huh: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Not humanly possible...
    Even on roids....I would think not possible
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Strength results in all lifting. I would love to help you take your body to the next level.

FLAG ON THE PLAY FLAG ON THE PLAY
  • NowIFeelYa
    NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for reply's, my left muscle has always been smaller then my right very noticeable but now it's catching up with the right. I am gaining a little more in my stomach area (hopefully bloat) but that is to be expected. I done with swimming etc so I will just wear x-large ****s instead of large no one should notice my weight gain but hopefully will stay under 180. I am 6'1 some people look better at my weight then I do but I don't have a lot of muscle so most of my body fat is in my stomach, my arms and legs are small except from where I have been running I have a little bit of muscle in my legs.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

imminent-ned.jpg
  • NowIFeelYa
    NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    she put him on the juice :-O
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I want whatever juice that is. That's must have been a mega dosed cycle. 35lbs muscle at a massive deficit. what did he do, run 2g of Tren?!

Yeah, calling BS on that one :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I want whatever juice that is.

LOL Month or so ago I got a pack of steroids from my doctor for my shoulder- and I got real excited and said 200 pound bench press right???

he looked at me and goes"wrong steroids"

saddest patient ever.