How to love eggs!

Options
pink_daisychain
pink_daisychain Posts: 26 Member
Hey
Im in need of some recipes to help me learn to love eggs. Currently the closest i get to eating them is in a quiche. I know they are a really good way of starting the day and as i dont eat meat i think it would be good for me to start eating them. Any ideas/recipes would be appreciated :happy:

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    omelet - throw in your fave veggies & some cheese. It's so versatile.

Hard Boiled ...I like to top with hot sauce or spicy salsa and eat.
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How about a frittata?

I made one last night for dinner. Great way to use up leftover veggies.
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go to a cooking website and search FRITTATA,

Here's one from SkinnyTaste - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/08/tomato-and-zucchini-frittata.html

Many good ones out there.

Enjoy!

Gerry
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Deviled. With sriracha.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    How about a frittata?

I made one last night for dinner. Great way to use up leftover veggies.

+1 yummy, I do this all the time :)
  • pink_daisychain
    pink_daisychain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will give a frittata ago!
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Deviled! So many ways to make them, I'm sure you can find one that you like.
  • cjl1168
    cjl1168 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to love Eggs? They are high in cholesterol?
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    And away we go!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

NO.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me some eggs. I eat two hard boiled eggs every morning but, when I have more time, I scramble up two whole eggs and four eggs whites with American cheese, fresh tomatoes and scallions.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Tortilla Espanola

Scotch Eggs

Eggs Benedict
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on hard boiled eggs. On the weekends when I have more time I usually make scrambled eggs with a little cheese, some spinach & diced tomatoes. Yum!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I just cook them up over medium and make a breakfast sandwich with a bagel thin, a slice of pepperjack and a thin slice or two of ham.

But if I decide to switch it up and.or bulk cook in advance, I go with baked egg cups or a breakfast casserole.
    ETA: Just realized you said you don't eat meat. The egg cups probably won't work but you could make the casserole without meat. I'll leave both recipes as is in case anyone else is interested.

Baked egg cups:
    Spray 12 cup muffin tin with Pam or similar. Place thin sliced deli meat in muffin cup then crack egg into it. You can top with cheese, scallion and spices but I like mine naked. Bake at 350 F for 15-25 minutes depending on your preferred level of done-ness (soft or hard boiled consistency). Enjoy!

Breakfast Casserole:
    Scramble 10 large eggs, add in two boxes of frozen chopped spinach that's been thawed and well drained (squeezed), a small container of feta cheese chunks, and some sort of chopped up deli meat (ham, pepperoni, etc). Mix it all together and pour into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. I can't remember the exact cooking time on this one since it's been a few months since I made it but I think it was at least 20 minutes at 350 F. I also added some chopped up cooked potatoes once and that was pretty good.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options

YES, perfect timing. Does anyone here have links to any credible source for the premise that there is no significant correlation between eating cholesterol-laden foods and having high cholesterol? And/or that high cholesterol is generally linked with obesity and overeating rather than eating cholesterol-heavy foods.

Thank you!!!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    OP, cheese omelettes, egg salad on bread (if you're all anti-mayo use greek yoghurt or something and you'll only be a little disappointed with your life). I usually just have boiled eggs with salt and pepper.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like to make an egg sandwich or an egg casserole. You can add any veggie/meat/cheese you want and it always tastes good!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i usually go with egg whites and i can eat them any time i want to - not just for breakfast.

my favourite is folding an omlette up with cheese in the middle in between two slices of pumpernickel....nom nom nom!

you know what tastes nice in an omlette, cumin seeds and italian herb spice.

i wish there was a way to boil egg whites though...anyone know of a tool out there to allow you to do that?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Gordon Ramseys's scrambled eggs. The simple chicken egg while extraordinary in potential is remarkably easy to ruin. Which, in my opinion is often why people can get turned off by eggs. I can't bring my self to eat over cooked eggs, I find them revolting. One of the biggest challenges in culinary school is the ability of a chef to perfectly cook multiple classic egg preparations. It is also the reason it is often a challenge on the popular cooking competition shows on tv. Don't get discouraged. Keep testing, watching videos and perfecting your technique. There is likely a preparation you prefer. The options are mind blowing. The golden egg in the center of the Provençal wood fired pizza, the lacy egg resting atop the bibimbap, the silken threads in the perfect bowl of egg drop soup, the egg puff floating in a bowl of Dashi broth, the sou vide egg yolk quivering on a bed of pan seared fiddle heads, the classic eggs Benedict, the fresh Caesar salad, the searing hot golden egg foo young, the single egg yolk in a nest of beef tartar, the heavenly meringue, and the deceptively difficult deviled egg. Good luck.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins all the time!
    When I'm not eating those, I also like mine scrambled with cheese or in a burrito.

For the egg muffins to just take your favorite meat (crumbled), veggies (I like peppers, onions, mushrooms), cheese, and seasoning to taste then add a good amount of uncooked eggs (scrambled) or I prefer to use eggbeaters. Mix all together pour in muffin tin, oven at 350 for about 25mins.

They are easily re-heatable and a full muffin is only 75cals!
    (using fat free cheese and eggbeaters)