• PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Your job (life?) sounds awesome!
  • beccalynn2021
    beccalynn2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Bored Housewife!
    I live on a farm in West Virginia so I know how busy you stay with all the farm work! We only have cattle so this is the slower season. It will pick up when we start feeding hay and delivering calves.
    I am just starting to workout again. I always get all excited to start and then burn out in a few days. I am really trying to stick with it this time. I am 28 years old and am starting to HATE my thighs so I have to do something.
    I have been doing Jillian Michael workouts for the last week and really seem to enjoy them but it is the same workout every day so I am getting kind of bored. I just ordered her Body Revolution so am excited to get it!
    If you ever want to chat about farm life, just give me a shout!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    are the Carolinas as beautiful as I've always heard?

Even nicer. I have lived here for 20 years after being born and raised in the Northeast. I believe every section of the country has its own unique beauty but NC has a great geographical diversity from the beaches to the highest peak east of the Mississippi. Four seasons and none of them unbearable. We hope to remain here through-out retirement.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Buttermilk-the-Goat-knocks-down-other-goat.gif
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Even nicer. I have lived here for 20 years after being born and raised in the Northeast. I believe every section of the country has its own unique beauty but NC has a great geographical diversity from the beaches to the highest peak east of the Mississippi. Four seasons and none of them unbearable. We hope to remain here through-out retirement.

I went to college in Raleigh and loved it down there. I found the summer to be too hot, but the rest of the year was fabulous. I enjoy being back in Boston. It has quite a few things you just couldn't find down there.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You guys all sound phenomenal :D
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a full time Michigan hay farmer with 35 acres on the Pine River and a good 100 acres leased for hay production, with Arabian horses ( down to 9 from 24), plus four boarders ( Arabian, Arabian/Saddlebred, a paint and an appaloosa). We have an English springer spaniel farm dog and 19 Muscovy ducks that have given us about 600 eggs since the first week in April. There's a beehive and a 200 ft. by 140 ft. organic-methods garden; we do the local farm markets and sell duck eggs and hardneck garlic online. In winter I do gourd art, primarily bowls, inlay, pyrography and sculpture, not bird houses or santas. I've made 8 or 9 Arabian native costumes for the show ring, from the bare tree up, and I'm an avid reader of science fiction, mystery, and fantasy. I'm 65, have been married to my best friend for 43 years, no kids. Lately I've begun doing 4 -mile walks with my neice, who is training for triathlons....I walk, she runs. I don't think I have ever been bored in my life... so much art and design to do if the actual farm work is done. (Never go anywhere without a notepad and a pen!) Add me if you wish.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: Good Morning!!! I'm not a bored housewife... but thats only cuz my kids and husband keep me busy.. plus my job... BUT I am from Texas and would love to be friends with you.. Maybe you could teach me a thing or to about raise my own food for when I do get some land... i'm sending you a FR..
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You sound more like a farmer than a bored housewife..
  • red66stang
    Options
    I have a small hobby farm setup with chickens, goats, dogs and cats so I understand what you are talking about. It's really not that much work if you enjoy being outside with them. I take care of the animals and garden at my place and my wife does everything else. After sitting around all day at work I sure enjoy being outside doing farm chores and find it really relaxing. My wife gets bored too, so she found some part time work which still allows her time to get the housework done and exercise.
  • Theotherkels
    Options
    Hello I am Dee. I live in North Carolina and I am a Job coach. I work odd schedules, when my clients get a job, I go to work with them. So this morning I am home doing paperwork and enjoying the silence of home for a while until I have to go to a meeting this afternoon. I used to have a small farm in Kentucky when my husband was living. It was plenty of work of every hour of every day and it was small. I could only imagine working on one in Texas. Keep up the good work. How do you make your bread?
    I have a super easy yeast bread recipe I use :)
    Dissolve 2/3 cup sugar in 2 cups warm water and add 1.5 TBS active dry yeast (NOT quick yeast). Let it sit until its a creamy foam.
    Mix 1/4 cup olive oil and 1.5 tsp salt into the bowl.
    Add and mix 6 cups of bread flour to the liquid, then turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and silky.
    Place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let it rise until its doubled in size (about an hour in a warm house).
    Punch it down, divide in half and knead until silky again.
    Place in two loaf pans (VERY well greased and floured). Let them sit until it has risen 1" over the lip of the pan.
    Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until its a rich, dark gold.

Try not to eat entire loaf.

The Carolinas are beautiful - I love living here

I'm also a Kelsi...athough I'm without the i and with an ey at the end :)
    I'm a stay-at-home mom with a small art business that keeps me busy enough, oh and then there's the 2 year old that I chase around constantly...he keeps me busy too. I grew up on farmland, it wasn't a working farm at the time but we had horses, chickens, and one pygmy/fainting goat cross who did indeed faint from time to time. I learned that having a 2 year old is kind of like having a goat, if they're in your house you just have to follow the path of destruction and you'll find them. He's less likely to eat through things like wallpaper and stereo wire at least...so there's that!
  • KandGRanch
    Options
    Hello I am Dee. I live in North Carolina and I am a Job coach. I work odd schedules, when my clients get a job, I go to work with them. So this morning I am home doing paperwork and enjoying the silence of home for a while until I have to go to a meeting this afternoon. I used to have a small farm in Kentucky when my husband was living. It was plenty of work of every hour of every day and it was small. I could only imagine working on one in Texas. Keep up the good work. How do you make your bread?
    I have a super easy yeast bread recipe I use :)
    Dissolve 2/3 cup sugar in 2 cups warm water and add 1.5 TBS active dry yeast (NOT quick yeast). Let it sit until its a creamy foam.
    Mix 1/4 cup olive oil and 1.5 tsp salt into the bowl.
    Add and mix 6 cups of bread flour to the liquid, then turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and silky.
    Place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let it rise until its doubled in size (about an hour in a warm house).
    Punch it down, divide in half and knead until silky again.
    Place in two loaf pans (VERY well greased and floured). Let them sit until it has risen 1" over the lip of the pan.
    Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until its a rich, dark gold.

Try not to eat entire loaf.

The Carolinas are beautiful - I love living here

I'm also a Kelsi...athough I'm without the i and with an ey at the end :)
    I'm a stay-at-home mom with a small art business that keeps me busy enough, oh and then there's the 2 year old that I chase around constantly...he keeps me busy too. I grew up on farmland, it wasn't a working farm at the time but we had horses, chickens, and one pygmy/fainting goat cross who did indeed faint from time to time. I learned that having a 2 year old is kind of like having a goat, if they're in your house you just have to follow the path of destruction and you'll find them. He's less likely to eat through things like wallpaper and stereo wire at least...so there's that!
    I always say I live in a house of toddlers. "Jasper! Spit that out! We do NOT eat crayons!" "Stop yelling at your brother! He is NOT touching you!". "NO NO NO you're going to fall and break your neck! Get down!" "ONE...TWO..."
  • kwoal
    kwoal Posts: 5
    Options
    ha ha ha this is so true and totally made me laugh!!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot older, but I know what you're talking about. (I should be out picking berries and making jam today, oh and the tomatoes and the hay in the barn needs to be moved and....etc) Feel free to friend me, I'm on a mission for some me time, growing and raising all the food takes ALOT of time, I realized, I am not a failure if I go to the farmers market and buy stuff, I learned this summer that it's okay to go out biking or hiking instead. I guess I'm just trying to find some balance. Just went to the gym today, first time in awhile!:smile:
  • KandGRanch
    Options
    True! I realize there are just some thing I cannot do-like build a goat house. So its halfway done until hubby can finish it this weekend (he chewed me out for trying to finish it and subsequently falling from a 9' beam....onto my neck)

I'm also an obsessive note taker, which helps me micromanage a little more efficiently :)
  • ChrisJMellor
    Options
    I/'m just letting some Pumpkin Seed bread rise funnily enough.

Sounds like you got a busy life - thats good:) also - lots of people on here to chat to - so even better:)