Do your fingers get thinner when you lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, my rings are loose now. Another surprise was that my feet shrank too. I put on a pair of shoes the other day that were too tight and unwearable and now they fit perfect.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My engagement ring is pretty loose already and it's been 19 pounds, and when I'd made it farther before I couldn't wear ANY of my rings. I'm definitely like others and waiting to get them resized for a bit. :D
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely got thinner - I hadn't been able to wear my mother's ring for years due to a large amount of weight gain. However, during my weight loss journey, I was able to start wearing it again and was SO SO SO happy! However, just recently I had to quit wearing it again, because it was falling off. I didn't want to risk losing it. Once I get to goal weight, I will have it resized.
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can get a ring guard until you are at your target weight
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    My ring size (left ring finger) is 5.5. My ring size has not changed since I lost 40+ lbs. Sorry, pal.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Mine have. My wedding rings flew off my finger at work the other day, I now wear a thin, smaller sized, band in front of my wedding set, it is either that or not wear them at all.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mine do. My rings get really loose and nearly fall off.

^^This^^
  • ecphillips1286
    ecphillips1286 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Every part of your body gets thinner when you lose weight. Some places faster than others. All depends on your body as to where it wants to come off first. Pretty sure the spots with less fat get smaller faster. We would all end up with Mickey Mouse hands if the weight stayed on our fingers and we lost weight everywhere else. That's the same as asking if your stomach stays the same size. Give it time and they will shrink down. I have lost 3lbs of fat and gained about 3 of muscle so far. Just the 3lbs of fat made my fingers smaller. Gained the muscle and ring is still loose.
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My ring finger went from a 9.5 to a 6.5, so yea...now I get told that I have skinny fingers, skinny hands and skinny wrists. It's kinda nice. ^_^
  • WiltedFitness
    WiltedFitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just had to have my wedding bands sized down from size 8.25 to size 6.75 :)
  • ghdkdls
    ghdkdls Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm praying mine does, hate my chunky fingers! :laugh:
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes my ring is too big.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Rings that fit my ring finger now comfortably fit my middle finger. Oddly enough, I also lost 1/2 a shoe size.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes fingers but even more so wrists. I've had to have links taken out of my watch strap twice now or its slipping about all over my arm.
    Feet as well - I have gone down one size.

This surprises me as I haven't lost loads but I guess it is still a significant % of my original weight (almost 25% arggh that a quarter of me gone!)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My ring finger went from a 9.5 to a 6.5, so yea...now I get told that I have skinny fingers, skinny hands and skinny wrists. It's kinda nice. ^_^

When I weighed over 300 lb I wore a size 6 ring...people have always commented on my tiny/slim hands and fingers to the point that I honestly felt embarrassed about my hands and feet being too small for my large body. Even now at 173 lb, I am 5'8" and by no means a petite woman in any sense - so it seems nuts to me that I wear a 4.5 ring (my 5 is HUGE so maybe even a 4) and honestly between 6.5-7 shoe. Even in high school I would buy 8.5 shoes and wear thick socks because a few friends were like wow you have small feet, ugh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!