HELP ME CHOOSE MY DRESS!

Options
13»

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I vote #2 it looks hot on you. If you go with the first one you need some brighter jewellery around your neck.
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    #1 for sure
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Option 2- Love my butt in it. I like that is less classic
    The length is weird. I can wear it shorter but I have huge knees...

How tall are you? You look tall to me from your proportions, in which case I don't think you would need to shorten that second dress to pull it off well. But if you're under say 5'6" or so, then yeah I do think having it above the knee would be a good move.

I hope you wind up choosing whatever makes you feel best!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I like #1 much better. The simplicity of the dress is not a bad thing. It will let you choose a really great necklace (I love sparkly with black).
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    #2...the first one isn't doing you any favors.

ETA: I would say lose the black stockings and pumps. Go with a natural/nude stocking and maybe a nude heel (higher the heel the better) to elongate your legs. I feel you look more confident in the second and look bored/frumpy in the first.

How can you say the first one is frumpy, it's elegant and flattering, her profile is stunning in it, she has a lovely arch in her lower back and did you clock that cleavage, very sexy, add a bit of bling and she look gorgeous for her night out.

I think you can gather I'm voting number 1.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I honestly think you pull off number two well, but one is so elegant. So it depends; do you want to look sexy or beautiful? The first option is classy and beautiful, the second one is sexy while still being classy as well. It's up to you!
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in both, but I cast my vote for #2.

The first dress is simple and elegant, but unless you have some really fabulous accessories, it really isn't a standout dress.

The second dress is much more interesting, shows off that tush you've worked so hard for, and makes your waist look tiny. I do agree that it would benefit from being hemmed above the knee, and you should ditch the tights.

Or, if budget allows, you could find another option. Perhaps something in a color other than black.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

ETA: I would say lose the black stockings and pumps. Go with a natural/nude stocking and maybe a nude heel (higher the heel the better) to elongate your legs. I feel you look more confident in the second and look bored/frumpy in the first.

How can you say the first one is frumpy, it's elegant and flattering, her profile is stunning in it, she has a lovely arch in her lower back and did you clock that cleavage, very sexy, add a bit of bling and she look gorgeous for her night out.

I was implying that she looks like she's bored and feels frumpy, whereas the second one she looks confident.

Calling the first dress elegant is a stretch. To me it's simple/plain -- kind of like wearing a maxi dress.

I would love to see OP in something like this (this is elegant):

9QKyTEMl.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    First one looks good from the front. The second one looks good from the side. Hard to choose. The first one looks really good with your bust. But, I think I like the second one better as a whole, it looks good from the front and the side.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

I was implying that she looks like she's bored and feels frumpy, whereas the second one she looks confident.

Calling the first dress elegant is a stretch. To me it's simple/plain -- kind of like wearing a maxi dress.

I would love to see OP in something like this (this is elegant):

9QKyTEMl.jpg

Just as well everyone is entitled to their own oppinion and hopefully what ever way she goes she's got great comments on both dresses.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Dress #1 looks good on you. Good. Not great. It's kinda boring. It does nothing for your figure unless you're going for hiding it. But it is floor length, which I think would be more appropriate.

Dress #2 is more fun and flattering, imo. Sexier as well.

Dress #3, I would like to see... Do we have a third, long option?? :)

Whatever you choose, I adamantly agree with ditching the black stockings and getting a more fun colored heel & handbag. Black is boring... do something with it.

And have fun!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    First one. With diamonds =)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Just as well everyone is entitled to their own oppinion and hopefully what ever way she goes she's got great comments on both dresses.

I never said they weren't....I believe I was just expressing mine.

jezebel_buh-bye_wave-goodbye_brilliantsunrise-pb.gif
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    #1 hands down-you look fabulous in it!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Both nice but number one is gorgeous and looks a lot more formal. Save number two for a sexy date night. Go with number one!!

What they said :)
  • mimi1136
    mimi1136 Posts: 12
    Options
    I think OPTION 2. It's fashion forward, it's sexy, it's got personality and it totally fits as formal wear. I agree with the poster who suggested nude pumps - and I would also consider a bold earring or bracelets. You look great so have fun!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options

How tall are you? You look tall to me from your proportions, in which case I don't think you would need to shorten that second dress to pull it off well. But if you're under say 5'6" or so, then yeah I do think having it above the knee would be a good move.

I'm barely 5.3ft...
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'll let go of the black stockings. I have a pair of gold very high heels stilettos. Might put some bling into it.

Thanks for all your comments!!!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wish you had not pulled the first one out, so I could have compared how it hung on you. The second is more flattering from the side. I can't tell which one I like better head on. Can you post another pic?

Either way, you are looking great!! You are going to rock the reunion!!!