Why the hell are you sneaking in my got damn kitchen?

Options
Hi Guys,

I really need some advice. Okay I usually complete my food entry log around 8pm or 9pm and after I complete my entry I feel really proud of myself, Like YES I ate healthy !!! No snacks, not a lot of sugar, no soda..just water, Yes I did it !!!!!

So, meanwhile I am a night owl so I usually go to sleep around midnight or a little after midnight so lets just say its midnight. So, This girl sneaks out of bed to tip toe to not wake up her husband and child, she tip toe as if she is robbing the house, she sniffs food like a hound dog and when she finds what she wants, she sneak back in bed and eat everything so quietly to no wake up her husband. She then wakes up the next day to meet the evidence all over her freaking face and teeth (peanut butter, oreo cookies or blue cake icing).

I finally caught the Witch...Its ME !!!!!! Why the hell are you sneaking in the kitchen? You live here !!!

How do you stop having midnight cravings?

Do anyone suggest a food curb supplement (Something that curb your appetite)?

I like the GNC Store or the Vitamin Shoppe so if you do suggest something than I prefer it to be in one of those places because I'm heading there on Friday. My cravings are always at Midnight or a little after.

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    how about some herbal tea or decaf coffee with splenda or a sf hot cocoa. a big o glass of water helps out too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I really need some advice. Okay I usually complete my food entry log around 8pm or 9pm and after I complete my entry I feel really proud of myself, Like YES I ate healthy !!! No snacks, not a lot of sugar, no soda..just water, Yes I did it !!!!!

So, meanwhile I am a night owl so I usually go to sleep around midnight or a little after midnight so lets just say its midnight. So, This girl sneaks out of bed to tip toe to not wake up her husband and child, she tip toe as if she is robbing the house, she sniffs food like a hound dog and when she finds what she wants, she sneak back in bed and eat everything so quietly to no wake up her husband. She then wakes up the next day to meet the evidence all over her freaking face and teeth (peanut butter, oreo cookies or blue cake icing).

I finally caught the Witch...Its ME !!!!!! Why the hell are you sneaking in the kitchen? You live here !!!

I like the GNC Store or the Vitamin Shoppe so if you do suggest something than I prefer it to be in one of those places because I'm heading there on Friday. My cravings are always at Midnight or a little after.
    Beat her up!

No, wait, it's you.

Are you actually hungry or do you just want to snack?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Will power.

If I can quit cold turkey from cigarettes, you can stop eating at midnight.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    dear sandwich thief...:tongue:
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I always get hungry at night so I just save the calories to eat a small meal right before bed. It won't slow down your progress as long as you are in your calorie limit.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Take some Tylenol PM and go to sleep at 10pm for the next 3 weeks until you get into new habit...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

No snacks? That's sad. I'd guess that you are sneaking because you're depriving yourself of things you like instead of working it into your day so that it fits your goals... but that's just my two cents.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    dear sandwich thief...:tongue:
    LOL!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Take some Tylenol PM and go to sleep at 10pm for the next 3 weeks until you get into new habit...

I'll take a sandwich at 12 am over dependency on sleep aids.

Habits.
  • Jclifford253
    Options
    Go to sleep silly. Its that easy. You will love yourself in the morning.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest leaving yourself some calories for a bed time snack - there's no harm in eating after 8pm.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Put a motion censor in the fridge (the kind that squeals like an alarm). That way if you open it, it will wake up the whole house....problem solved:happy:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My sleeping schedule is crazy-wonky, so I guess I get this. I try to limit my snacks to actual foods, if that makes sense. There's no chips, cookies, cakes etc in my house unless I specifically buy them for a treat and that's for a couple days at most before they're gone and no more get bought for awhile.

But because of that, if I want something to eat I have to cook it, or at least spend 10+ minutes prepping a sandwich or heating the skillet, etc. I end up making (examples): A decently healthy sandwich, a steamed potato with shredded cheese, an egg with toast, a small chicken wrap, etc. Or If I have fruit around, I grab that and eat it instead for maximum laziness.

It's not a true solution, but it's the lesser of the evils.
  • ParisRoses
    ParisRoses Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love LOVE this post!! I do the SAME thing. So proud of all the hard work on food and exercise, close it out and sure enough, hungry at midnight!!!! Would love to see some inputs as well.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Beat her up!

No, wait, it's you.

Are you actually hungry or do you just want to snack?
    Okay this was just funny!
    OP, have a snack before bed, fit it in your calories and you won't feel you are sneaking.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,970 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. I think the thief is hungry.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. I think the thief is hungry.

Yup, you're sneaking around the kitchen because you're hungry from not eating enough during the day. As you can see, eating that low of calories is doing you no favors anyway, so allow yourself a bedtime snack and quit fretting over it.
  • Ravenborn
    Options
    How about budgeting for a little treat just before you go to bed? If milk is in your budget maybe a nice hot drink with a zero sugar flavouring in it?
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! Sometimes I will eat 2K+ calories in a midnight "snack". It has helped me to plan, log, and place a small snack on my bedside table. When I wake up I eat it and all in the world is right so I can go back to sleep. This cuts the majority of this behavior down and only once in a while will I eat more than the planned snack.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i gotta read this too..i need to stop snacking after 9