Replies

• cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I heard the quest noodles are pretty good
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles are my favorite! They're delicious, quick and easy.

I slice them really thin (they do sell "Zoodler's" which will make perfect noodles for you), I saute them for a few minutes in olive oil and minced garlic, SO good.

I've made them with a creamy Parmesan mushroom sauce and tomato sauce and meatballs. My boyfriend says he can't even tell it's not pasta!
  • mommamunchkin
    mommamunchkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting! I will definitely try to hunt these down at our local health food store. It helps that your kids like them.......adults will often try anything once but kids are much harder to please lol
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Noodle bashing is against the rules.....reported.
    Yep, I like you.

Just eat them damn noodles, and make it fit. None of these nasty substitutes! :noway:
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The noddles & the sauce look great - I love cauliflower! Did you actually use heavy cream like it calls for in the recipe?!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    The noddles & the sauce look great - I love cauliflower! Did you actually use heavy cream like it calls for in the recipe?!

Nope! I just boiled and pureed the cauliflower with some sauteed onions and garlic, pepper, nutmeg, smoked paprika, and a tiny bit of cayenne for some kick.
  • stephieg820
    stephieg820 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you want good noodle substitutions, just buy yourself a vegetable spiralizer and make your own. There are lots of recipes for veggie pasta at inspiralized.com.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious about these! I think I am going to have to order. :)
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If you want good noodle substitutions, just buy yourself a vegetable spiralizer and make your own. There are lots of recipes for veggie pasta at inspiralized.com.

I have been wanting a spiralizer but can't find one in my stores. Maybe I will have to give in and get one on amazon or something...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Blech, those are scary looking. I'm not sure I'd be willing to put black pasta in my mouth. I might be willing to try the black bean kind, but I'll probably just stick to regular pasta.

(Also, the chick in that video pronounced "al dente" incorrectly. Americans!)

You should try squid ink risotto/pasta, delish!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    there is no substitute for pasta!
  • hibiscus71
    hibiscus71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I purchased my "Vegetti" at Bed Bath and Beyond. The zuchinni was al dente. I sautéed fresh garlic slices and sun dried tomatoes, using a little of the oil and then added the zuchinni till it was heated through. Next time I will try chicken pad thai.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Blech, those are scary looking. I'm not sure I'd be willing to put black pasta in my mouth.
    My thought as well, looking at that picture.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Interesting and I now know what a "spiralizer" is . Never heard of it, but looks like something I should check out
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I want to give this a try.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I love mung beans and mung bean sprouts. Definitely will be adding this to my list of things to try!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    We used to eat mung bean noodles regularly as kids, my mom used to make it a lot =)

I know it as 'cellophane noodles' & in our household, it used to go in asian/indian style dishes.
    I've never tried it any other way though, so that's worth mentioning.

I have eaten shirataki noodles in the past & preferred the tofu added version as the texture was too much for me.

Most often we'd have them fried....yum! I'm gonna hunt around a lower carb version. Ever since we cut carbs, many of the mainstays of my childhood have fallen by the wayside =/

Thanks for the reminder!....going to the Asian market today to read labels :drinker:
  • Ahdillard
    Ahdillard Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I purchased my "Vegetti" at Bed Bath and Beyond. The zuchinni was al dente. I sautéed fresh garlic slices and sun dried tomatoes, using a little of the oil and then added the zuchinni till it was heated through. Next time I will try chicken pad thai.

Ive been looking at this gadgit, is it easy to use?