Where do you meet people?

As a 22 y/o single lady, its difficult to meet nice guys

where do u meet people?! it feels like such a task! (harder than getting fit hahaha)

Replies

• valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    As a 22 y/o single lady, its difficult to meet nice guys

where do u meet people?! it feels like such a task! (harder than getting fit hahaha)

Outside.

lol, I know a lot of great guys that hang out outside
  • bluuu123
    bluuu123 Posts: 83
    well you are one helpful individual! @Ripped_Wings
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I've just gotten on the single scene myself (though not ready to date or anything) and I thought this was going to be a real struggle.

However, I also just moved to a new town and I greet everyone with a smile and a friendly comment or two. In the past few weeks, I've met lots of lovely people at the coffee shop, the local dive bar, the local restaurants, the shop owners and church. They have also had recommendations for places where I might meet people if I want to go out and mingle or just have a fun time.

This could be my new community, but maybe it's also just being approachable with a smile and nice compliment for those you see around you? I could be totally wrong though, since, as I stated previously, brand new to this.
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    I feel like meeting people now is so different then meeting people in the past. A lot of my friends met their husbands or boyfriends online which would have been unheard of years ago. Maybe try some of the dating website and see how that works.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Last year I moved to a new city following a broken engagement and in the same position as yourself. May seem ridiculous, but I've met more people using Tinder (be careful, however it is the internet lol) than any other method. No long term relationships to speak of but I have dated a couple women I met through there.
  • Church, the brewery, MFP, anywhere there's a social setting! Walk up and introduce yourself if you'd like to meet someone. The more you do it, the easier it is!
  • bluuu123
    Last year I moved to a new city following a broken engagement and in the same position as yourself. May seem ridiculous, but I've met more people using Tinder (be careful, however it is the internet lol) than any other method. No long term relationships to speak of but I have dated a couple women I met through there.

tinder wouldn't be my first choice in online dating haha
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    I walk miles on a daily basis so meet a lot of people in the park, down town and on the trails. Also meet nice people at church. :smile:
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member

Hey you asked for suggestions!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member

Hey you asked for suggestions!

You know, I've heard a lot of good things re: Meetup. You can find people with your same interests, and you don't have the pressure of online dating. My ex has been going to some of those and it's helped him just get in the habit of talking to strangers again.

I was planning on checking one out later for a book club. You might make friends or more, who knows?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    bars, clubs, gyms, ect
    if you see someone whos looks awesum possum walking down the street "hey im new to the city and looking for friends" and hand them a coupon for free dry cleaning with your number on it. works like a charm
  • bluuu123
    bars, clubs, gyms, ect
    if you see someone whos looks awesum possum walking down the street "hey im new to the city and looking for friends" and hand them a coupon for free dry cleaning with your number on it. works like a charm

"awesum possum" hahaha will be lookin for those species
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    I can't imagine asking that question when I was your age, it was not a problem. I am 47 & newly single & it is a lot different. lol
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    I can't imagine asking that question when I was your age, it was not a problem. I am 47 & newly single & it is a lot different. lol
    hey. I'm new here, and you're awesome possum. *hands dry cleaning coupon
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    hey. I'm new here, and you're awesome possum. *hands dry cleaning coupon
    :wink:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    please tell me there is an answer to this question lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    I've just gotten on the single scene myself (though not ready to date or anything) and I thought this was going to be a real struggle.

However, I also just moved to a new town and I greet everyone with a smile and a friendly comment or two. In the past few weeks, I've met lots of lovely people at the coffee shop, the local dive bar, the local restaurants, the shop owners and church. They have also had recommendations for places where I might meet people if I want to go out and mingle or just have a fun time.

This could be my new community, but maybe it's also just being approachable with a smile and nice compliment for those you see around you? I could be totally wrong though, since, as I stated previously, brand new to this.

it is suprising how well things can go if you simply open your mouth lol. i have to admit, at 35, I'm still intimidated by attractive women. If you have no interest in a girl then i'll have a pleasant conversation. if i like her, i spend 80% of the time thinking of something to say instead of just talking.

i simply don't get out at all
  • justinitsul
    justinitsul Posts: 1,018 Member
    I meet people where I work. In a grocery store! Im always talking to strangers :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    The gym (classes are great places to start) volunteer programs, college (take some night classes if you're already finished) church, parties, dog parks, the grocery store or mall (hot guys gotta shop, too!).
  • why has no one said MFP, yet? Duh.