What I saw on my morning commute

Replies

• Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    no, they can to be say it's a salt life, we have no oceans by us. that's like saying ride hard and not owning a motorcycle

"ride hard and not owning a motorcycle" which people do all time.

So annoying. Just buy a bike if you think their culture is so cool!

Agreed. And not a crotch rocket.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Is there an acceptance committee for this Salt Life club?

Yes...but you have to come here to Jacksonville....the birthplace of Salt Life. We take you to the Salt Life Food Shack and make you eat a tuna poke bowl while we conduct an interview to see if you are truly Salt Life material. If you pass, you can put a sticker on the back of your vehicle no matter where you live.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    We all know that people in Iowa aren't allowed to visit the coasts

Thats a Salt Vacation not a Salt Life.
  • MassiveDelta

Yes...but you have to come here to Jacksonville....the birthplace of Salt Life. We take you to the Salt Life Food Shack and make you eat a tuna poke bowl while we conduct an interview to see if you are truly Salt Life material. If you pass, you can put a sticker on the back of your vehicle no matter where you live.

Thank God!!! So she did get interviewed .... Mea Culpa My bad!
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Does this mean I have to put a sticker on my car's rear bumper "Pop Tart life"?
  • MassiveDelta
    do they make one of those?????
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member

Apparently, the answer depends on what kind of car you have and/or where you live depending on who you ask. Other factors may include whether or not you still eat Pop Tarts and your age. I think there is a Committee with strict standards and they will not take into account your senses of irony and humor (if any), nor will they consider whether you may have legitimately lived the Pop Tart life in the past - you know, before the kids and the minivan-and Iowa.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    no, they can to be say it's a salt life, we have no oceans by us. that's like saying ride hard and not owning a motorcycle
    hmmm This reminds me of all the people I know who dress like bikers but don't own a motorcycle. It IS kinda funny now that I think about it!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member

Apparently, the answer depends on what kind of car you have and/or where you live depending on who you ask. Other factors may include whether or not you still eat Pop Tarts and your age. I think there is a Committee with strict standards and they will not take into account your senses of irony and humor (if any), nor will they consider whether you may have legitimately lived the Pop Tart life in the past - you know, before the kids and the minivan-and Iowa.

maybe we just need a coalition against coalitions :wink:
    I might've dressed biker-y when I was a younger gal, but hey, it was the 80's after all and back then if you couldn't lift it, you couldn't ride it, & you'd end up in the b!tch seat. At < than 100#'s there's no freekin' way I was able to pick up a bike, (yes, I tried & we all had a good laugh) much less find someone who'd let you ride with them, other than behind 'em signaling :blushing:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    I was singing in my car on my way to work..... Looked to my right as I was waiting at the light the lady next to me was digging for gold and eating it!!!!! Eeeew!
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    I saw a man walking a pig, on a leash, down the sidewalk. It wasn't a little tea cup pig, or a baby pig but a big *kitten* ready to put a saddle on & let kids ride it pig! My son and I saw an old man driving down the street with a goose in his lap & its head out the window. Welcome to life in Hawaii!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    a motorcycle was coming up behind me, riding between lanes. i turned outward a bit, to make sure i gave him room. sure, riding between lanes is illegal, but i'm not more catholic than the pope or anything. but the suv a couple of cars down turned it, almost knocking the motorcyclist down! fortunately the other car next to the suv made room, and the biker just rode past and waved at the SUV.

seriously lady, you want to cause a guy to wreck? do you trip people that jaywalk?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Guy driving, arm out the window, holding the reigns to the horse he had walking beside the car......
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

+1
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Lol, Salt Life elitists.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Yes there is, and I am it. Here is your application......how tall are you? :smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Lol, Salt Life elitists.

you talkin to me?:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    My commute is less than 5 minutes if I catch all the lights.

This morning I saw a neighbor I grew up with panhandling at the entrance to I95. I happen to know he has brand new shoes on, and a cooler full of beer and food in the bushes.

Then at the next intersextion (on purpose) there was a dude with a "love Jesus ....." and a lot of writing. When he turned around he had a ventriloquist dummy on his back.

It freaked me out :noway:
  • MassiveDelta

Yes there is, and I am it. Here is your application......how tall are you? :smokin:

OMG...does that say Moderator and you have a sense of humor...in public? The world is ending grab your Bug out bags, grab your extra ammo, action plan Alpha is a GO!!!!
  • MassiveDelta

Then at the next intersextion (on purpose) there was a dude with a "love Jesus ....." and a lot of writing. When he turned around he had a ventriloquist dummy on his back.

It freaked me out :noway:

That is GOOD!

A few years back I saw a kid playing a trumpet while on my evening commute. He was holding his Music against the steering wheel, with what ill refer to loosely as his driving hand, and his right hand he was holding his trumpet to his mouth and actually playing. Speed limit 65 mph....