What's the One Thing You Can't Give Up

Options
Stacy_of_Oregon
Stacy_of_Oregon Posts: 28 Member
For me, it is designer coffee, specifically Dutch Bro's 20 oz Mocha Freeze.

Each 20 oz MF has 444 calories and I consume 1-2 most days, sometimes 3. That's a lot of empty calories and it really affects how many calories I have left to nosh on good, healthy foods the rest of the day.

Also, since most days I drink two MF at $4.25 each, that adds up to $255 a month. I feel guilty for this, because that's money that could go toward a bill or money my family could use for recreational activities, etc.

What's even worse...and this falls within the realm of TMI (so if you have a queasy stomach :sick: , then just leave this post right now!)...Not always, but about a third of the time that I consume a MF, the combination of caffeine, sugar, and dairy gives me a serious case of the runs, so bad that if I can't get to a rest room the moment the urge arises, I mess my pants. How embarrassing and degrading is that? Yet, like someone who does recreational drugs and experiences bad side effects, I keep coming back for more. I guess Mocha Freezes are my drug (or "substance") of choice.

I've tried to stop numerous times, yet I only last a few days and then my car is magnetically pulled to the drive-up coffee stand.

(Please don't think I'm making fun of those with legitimate substance abuse issues. My son has substance abuse issues, so in no way would I mock those with such problems.)

Replies

• BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Whiskey.

I'm a lonely mess hahaha.
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you're not referring to food then I'm not going to respond bc I'll get a strike. But if you are referring to food it has to be either Sushi or Beer.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    @Food stuff
    Honestly, I dunno anymore

Cheese used to be in both my breakfast and dinner and I never thought I'd give it up but now I only eat cheese once a week and I'm fine with it.
    Same thing with black tea & milk, coffee, etc.

@Other life stuff:

Same answer, I once thought I can't give up driving but I lived 2-3 months without driving and it was okay.
    Same thing with PCs & phones & socializing & sports & hobbies.
    I guess I adapt? I dunno
  • Stacy_of_Oregon
    Options
    If you're not referring to food then I'm not going to respond bc I'll get a strike. But if you are referring to food it has to be either Sushi or Beer.

I'm referring to what's the one thing you can't give up that's hindering your ability to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, etc. It could be something like watching too much TV when you could be exercising or eating second helpings of dinner when you could drink a large glass of water and wait 20 minutes to see if you feel full.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wine and chocolate. Oh, and bacon! And I don't see any reason to give them up, providing they fit into my goals and don't impact my weight. So far, so good.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Anything
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Sushi & Sex :wink:
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When we're not talking about food/drink related stuff then mine would be make-up and hair straighteners. My hair is so thick and long and it needs straightening all the time otherwise it looks out of control, and I also wear tons of make-up cos it's fun to apply :)
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options

You are logging your sex calories right??
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    5 cent candies!
    Lord help me!!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My dogs:heart: - They make me smile and laugh every day.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

LOL. If I was logging my sex calories it would be ZERO for the last 3 1/2 years.

I can not, however, give up chocolate as easily as sex. And, I never will give up chocolate. It isn't really hindering my progress as long as it is within my calorie limit for the day.
  • Stacy_of_Oregon
    Options
    Wine and chocolate. Oh, and bacon! And I don't see any reason to give them up, providing they fit into my goals and don't impact my weight. So far, so good.

I've tried telling myself that I don't have to give Mocha Freezes completely, that I could just drink 2 or 3 a week. Unfortunately, it has never worked. I have to be all or nothing about it, because "moderation" and "Mocha Freeze" don't belong in the same sentence when it's said by me. I wish I could drink them in moderation, but I can't. The coffee stand I go to has my drink ready for me once they see me head towards them. Good customer service on their part, but what is that saying about me?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options

How would you log those? Maybe as strenuous calisthenics??? :tongue: Hehe!
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

chocolate syrup: 100
    whipped cream: 70
    meat-lovers deep dish pizza: 400 don't ask...

1 thing I can't give up outside of food: still anything
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Making waffles for one
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Pizza. This is mostly because I work at a pizza joint.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    lipstick
    carbs
    ebay
    thrift shopping

sleeping
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Coffee.
  • cami_toad
    Options
    Belly button lint. I keep it in a jar next to my bed. I just can't throw away a piece of myself.