What's the first song on your Weight Training Playlist?

Options
124»

Replies

• happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bad reputation - Joan Jett
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    But I think I would have done well as a man in Sparta- so well... I am not probably the best PC person to deal with it.

One wonders which aspect of the famous greek pederasty appeals!
    :laugh: Well played sir or ma'am...

My two cents on the "rape as a metaphor" thing: While I doubt that using it in that way signals a laissez faire attitude toward s e x u a l violence on the part of the user, particularly because the s e x of the user is apparently female and statistically more likely to suffer from that specific crime herself, I can certainly understand why those who were victims themselves or have friends who were would be appalled by its use. I think the correct path is to try to avoid using those sorts of figures of speech DELIBERATELY to offend..and to be ready to offer apology when someone is legitimately taken aback by its usage. But I also tend to be from the camp that says I'm not gonna promise never to use a phraseology EVER because of the possibility of offense.

TLDR: Sometimes slang will offend. Hearers should avoid over-sensitivity and speakers shouldn't be jerks who won't apologize when warranted.

(BTW, typing s e x with the spaces because I'm at work and don't want to show up on some sort of "perv Net usage" report for the I.T. guys..)
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Independent Women by Destiny's Child
  • StrangeKraem
    StrangeKraem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have two albums that I vary between, no changing the playlist, start from track one and play it all through.

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
    Heaven Shall Burn - Veto

..So awesome :love:
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    some old 2000's techno or Motown
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Who's got a match?.......Biffy

Unrelated but my rendition of the Stones, 'you got me rockin' caused much hilarity in my kitchen last week when I was cutting up my fillet steaks :laugh:
  • CappiWheeler
    Options
    Sharp Dressed Man: ZZ Top
    David Sanborn "Bang, Bang"
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    The Muse "Uprising"