Honestly, is 5'4 considered short on a girl?

Options

Replies

• sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and I always get called short or fun size. I think I'm average. I don't consider myself short until I have to use a step stool to reach what I need lol
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    No. I think 5'4" - 5'6" is about average. IMHO
  • Forestgirly
    Forestgirly Posts: 2,700 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and people tell me I'm short but really don't care in my opinion your height is good
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet, so from my perspective, it is. But, it is only slightly shorter than average, so I would not say it is really short. I think it is all about perspective.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I wish I was 5'4
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'd say that's a perfectly acceptable height. On the other hand, I'm 4"7' and desperately wish I were way taller because my tiny frame can't handle as many calories as I need for mental clarity, LOL!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I believe 5'4" is average female in the U.S.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and td all the time I'm tall. So I'd assume 5'4" is normal
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    i think anything between 5'4-5'8 is in my perfect range.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    bluecat145 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong category. I didn't know where else to put it considering that it's not really weight related.
    I'm 5'4. I'm not worried, self conscious, or embarrassed about it. I'm fine with it and my height's out of my control anyway.
    I was just curious of you would consider it short. I don't want any sugar coating. I just want your personal opinion.

Heck no! You're taller than over half of the other women. Hell, I'm 5'3" and a guy. I would love to be one inch taller.

I notice you furiously bumped this ancient thread FOUR times. Is someone looking for a short girl love connection or what?!

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    I am 5'1" and I say I am not short I am fun size. I would love to be a little taller. It is so hard to find pants that fit right even the petites are to long. And I can never reach anything. And no chair is made for short people. But on the bright side I never have to duck my head. So I would say you are average.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I can't stand when I sit in a booth or chair and my feet swing. :noway:

I feel this way about toilets.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and smaller than everyone I know, except for my daughter who is about 5'1....and except for anyone under 13. I'm short. Fun sized, if you will! :D
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Not to me! I stand right under 5' so that's pretty tall in my view! ;p
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    Not to me! I stand right under 5' so that's pretty tall in my view! ;p

Me too Fab, I'm 5' tall but I wear very high heels ;)
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong category. I didn't know where else to put it considering that it's not really weight related.
    I'm 5'4. I'm not worried, self conscious, or embarrassed about it. I'm fine with it and my height's out of my control anyway.
    I was just curious of you would consider it short. I don't want any sugar coating. I just want your personal opinion.

Heck no! You're taller than over half of the other women. Hell, I'm 5'3" and a guy. I would love to be one inch taller.

I notice you furiously bumped this ancient thread FOUR times. Is someone looking for a short girl love connection or what?!

No, doofus. The Internet was going slow, and I was trying to get the damn thing to post, so I kept clicking, and it ended up posting it multiple times. I couldn't find an option to delete (which all forums should have). I never even said that I wanted a "short girl".
  • LindsayB072
    LindsayB072 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I've never seemed noticeably short. Certainly not "tall" but I think 5'4" is pretty standard.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's short for a female, it certainly is for a male. I say that as an actual 5'4 male by the way, it's nice being short because when I squat I haven't got as far to go to get back upright as taller people have. But on the downside whenever I've tried my hand at dating sites being short is apparently off putting to women, even short ones because everyone's after the tall dark handsome stranger. But everyone loves Hobbits, right? I'll get myself some plastic pointy ears and I'll be like those men on the lynx adverts when they spray themselves and have to run away from all of the women. Sorted.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options

No, doofus. The Internet was going slow, and I was trying to get the damn thing to post, so I kept clicking, and it ended up posting it multiple times. I couldn't find an option to delete (which all forums should have). I never even said that I wanted a "short girl".

Yeah- I know. Just teasing you for bumping an ancient thread- from 2014; Internet is running really, really slow for you. "Doofus" hasn't been spoken in quite a while. Nice job kicking it old school!

• ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a consensus here that 5'4" is no less than "average" for a woman, and actually just a bit on the taller side. I agree.